Saturday 4 July 2009

Reward books


I have finished my current reward book, Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer (Book 3 of The Twilight Saga). I know there have been people who have been critical of these books, but like Harry Potter for younger readers, these books have brought the tween/teenager age group back to reading. So I'm all for that. I personally enjoy these books showing the angst of a teenage girl in love. Questions are thrown up if not by the central character but by other characters to make her think if this is the course she wants to be on - to be with a vampire. 

So the next reward book is..... drum roll.
The Flame and The Shadow by Denise Rossetti.  It is Book 1 of the Four-Sided Pentacle series. It has the most gorgeous cover art. 
Here's a little teaser of the book taken from Denise site:

"There cannot be one...without the other.

   Some are drawn to the light. Some are drawn to the dark. Some desire both.

   Grayson of Concordia, known on countless worlds as the Duke of Ombra, is a mercenary, a sorcerer of shadows whose soul is consumed by darkness. For Gray, the savagery in his heart is manifest in an entity he calls Shad. He has long resisted Shad's enticements, but when he's hired to kidnap a grieving fire witch, he seizes the chance to restore his soul—no matter the cost.
   Devastated by a shattering loss, Cenda's fiery heart has turned to ash. Doggedly, she has worked to master her powers and go on living, knowing she can never be whole again. When she encounters Gray, though, her will is no match for the dark fascination he exerts. But Cenda's newfound love and passion may not survive the terrible discovery of his betrayal..."

Denise is another Aussie writer, whom I was privileged to meet at the RWAustralia conference in 2003. It has been a pleasure watching her success grow.

~Yia

3 comments:

Christina Phillips said...

I'm looking forward to reading The Flame and the Shadow. If I could just find some time to read for pleasure!!

AJ Blythe said...

I agree Eleni, loved the Twilight series, and if gets teenagers to read and love books - fantastic!

Eleni Konstantine said...

Christina, I found once I started doing these challenges, it has helped me with my 'me' reading time and to enjoy it. Hope you find some extra bitty time!

Anita - they've just released the cover the movie-tie in of New Moon. I can see the teenagers drooling already with Jacob on the cover and Edward as a shadow.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...