Thursday 31 August 2017

Bleh Bleh Blah - the life of an author with CFS/Fibromyalgia


courtesy of Pixabay
So it's been months since I last posted on here. You guessed it, health got in the way yet again. I had been trialling a new medication that helps some people with fibromyalgia. I gave it a good go by being on it for almost 3 months. But it didn't agree with me so thus began the slow wean off the dratted thing.

I'm getting back to my 'normal' low energy self instead of the zero energy self I found myself as. So even though life can be tough where I'm at, I'm grateful at what I do have as it could easily be less.

Having a long time health condition is a marathon and at times all you want to do is sprint and other times, pitch a tent and not move for a while. That is really the CFS curve. When you find even a little more energy you want to sprint ahead and use it before the norm of less comes back to you. The problem is that the sprint may cause you to go lower than even your normal levels. So it's a juggle and making plans is not easy when the energy levels can change from one moment to the next.

Frustrating?! You bloody bet.

While I'm not 'back' per se, I am feeling better. I'm working in baby steps with all things in my life. The one constant has been reading, thanks in large part to audio books. I've read way more than I would have expected with such a low year. Again, I'm grateful.

One aspect of my life that has suffered is not only writing but my being involved in my writing groups. I haven't been on social  media that often as I find it tires me out quickly and that energy can be spent elsewhere. Goodreads is the place I frequent most often ATM.

Obviously this blog has suffered because as much as I want to, I feel like I don't have much to say other than how I'm feeling and really that can get to be a drag. I occasionally do a post like this to update you all and also in a way to educate people about long term conditions. I know having this condition and having had family with long term conditions has made be more sympathetic to others. Though I have to practice patience at times even with myself.

Be well!

~Eleni x


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...