Tuesday 11 December 2012

The joy of brain fog


As you can guess from the title of this post, I am in the midst of some serious brain fog. It's been a struggle the last couple of weeks, but I'm resting up and trying not to put too much pressure on myself. I figure I've had a very busy year and have achieved a lot.

I:

  • went back to study
  • was on the organising committee of Diamonds Are Forever
  • had TWO releases - Enchanted Realms and Gateway to Hell 
  • have continued with my design business
  • did two courses at the beginning of the year - time management, and one on senses
  • rejigged my epic fantasy and sent to competitions
and of course there is the usual run around, personal stuff to do.


No wonder my brain is feeling like it's in blanket. :)

I had planned to be further along in catching up with my writing, and I've done some (yay!), but I'm not as far along as I'd like to be. 

Warder Tale 2 has more words, but I've come up with a character and a group, and I need to know who and what they are before I move on. So that's been percolating. And percolating is good.

Short stories - I had an old fantasy short story that I didn't have the original computer file, so I typed it up again (thank goodness I had printed it out). As I was doing this, I realised  this has the potential to be  a novelette or a novella. So I want to flesh a couple of things out for that before I write - I know, actual semi-plotting involved. The horror!

Dragon story - I've get to get into this one at all because of the brain fog. So I'm leaving it until after Christmas and hopefully I will be a little more rested. Of course, if I find I have a good day and can work on it, I'll do that, but no pressure.

Before I know it, I'll be back at school with deadlines, and I think I'll take a moment to relish not having any for the moment. Even if it's only for a little while. 

The brain fog is telling me to slow down, so I'm listening.

~yia~






5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You've achieved a huge amount in 12 months. Congratulations. No wonder your brain is foggy.

Have a lovely Christmas and a well deserved rest.

XXXXXXXX

Shayne said...

oops. that was me. talk about foggy.

Anonymous said...

Hey, Eleni, you've done so well this year! Congratulations in achieving all that. It's nothing to sneeze at when you've got CFS.

Percolating is definitely good. You need to know those characters. Speaking of percolating, it must be time for morning coffee. :)

Jenny Schwartz said...

It's good you're listening to the brain fog. Pushing on and being heroic is what gets us into trouble.

*looks in mirror* Hear that?

I'm looking forward to some downtime over Christmas.

Eleni Konstantine said...

Thanks for your support, Shayne, Sandy, and Jenny.

LOL Jenny - yep, we all have to be reminded, I think.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...