Thursday, 18 November 2010

Funny ads

I was reminded by a friend of mine yesterday about one of the funniest ads I had seen - though it hasn't been on for awhile.

It's the Greek couple in the Woolworths ad.



YouTube link

Being Greek, I find this even more hilarious because I understand what they are saying and there are mannerisms in Greek couples I know. Right at the end the wife says to her husband - you've finally done one job right. Cracks me up every time I hear it.

So thanks Alison, I loved laughing over it again. Though it was quiet laughter as the rest of the house is asleep.


Another classic commercial I haven't seen in awhile is the Telstra ad for the Yellow Pages. Maybe it's because with more and more people using the directory online, the importance of the paper Yellow Pages isn't as important? I don't know. So for all my OS readers, when you hear an Aussie say 'Not happy Jan', this is where it comes from.



YouTube link

I hope you had a blast from the past and some laughter.

~yia~
Post a Comment
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...