Friday, 24 September 2010

Go, go, go....

That's how I feel my life has been lately and while I've had down times (well I have to or I will crash), it's been go, go, go in all aspects of my life - appointments, catching up with people, writing, errands, housework (always that - urgh!), reading, projects....

Phew, just tired thinking about it.

The next couple of weeks are going be 'those' weeks - non-stop. Every day I have an appointment of some kind and it's going to be school holidays, so everywhere will be busier.

Still writing related things that I would like to get done:


  • polish off the final chapters of a manuscript
  • enter a couple of US competitions due in October and November
  • review short stories and sent to relevant markets
  • add short stories published to my website. Looking them over I've noticed how much my writing has grown technically. I think the voice is there but I'm always improving, which is a good thing for  a writer to constantly do. 
  • I've got a number of projects on the go, so working out which to focus on next. I can realistically work on a first draft and then a second draft of two different manuscripts because they are vastly different stories and they won't get mixed up. 
  • Write a short story for a competition. 
  • Continue preparing for my seminar on blogging, which is in November
  • Get my study into some sort of order - yes, I know this is the never-ending battle. One day, one day. 

Yikes, my study is not far off!


That should keep me busy for awhile. I also do bits and pieces for RWAus, Bootcampers, SARA, and the Paranormal group I belong too. So I factor that in as well as blogging, blog reading, emails etc. I've been actually cutting back on blog reading and twitter. Some days I hang out more than others but I try and spread things out and take how I feel in a day into account. Finally, I'm getting somewhere with listening to what my body is telling me. Huzzah!


OK better get back to polishing.

~yia~
Post a Comment
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...