Sunday 31 January 2010

Kreativ Blogger Award



Well I have finally gotten around to do this. CAM and Mel Teshco both awarded me this award quite some time ago. 

My challenge should I accept it is to write 7 fun and interesting things about myself. Fun? Interesting? Hmmm.... well maybe let's just say some facts about me ;)

1. I was made in Greece, hatched in South Africa & raised in Australia (from 6 months old). I am officially an Aussie since birth (since I was born as an Australian overseas). Though getting a birth certificate was an interesting process!

2. I cried when Elvis Presley passed away even though I was only 4. Thanks to the influence of my cousin I knew his movies and music. 

3. I'm a klutz but for once it wasn't my fault when a hotel shower door came off in my hands. Lucky it didn't hit the wall & shatter. Though it did hit my foot.

4. I used to drive a CM Valiant. I'm short and the car is tank like but it was a smooth ride with power steering. I miss the ol' girl. One thing about driving her, people did get out of my way! (photo is the same model & colour but not the actual car)

5. I did ceramics with my mum for years. I mainly worked on fantasy designs - wizards, dragons, sorceress, and castles especially. I started a fantasy chess set but it's still not done - eeek! The paints I bought would have probably all dried up by now.

6. I hoard scrap paper. You know reduce, reuse, recycle. Well that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!!

and last but definitely not least
7. I was in the birthing room when my godson was born. It was such an honour being there & and an amazing experience. I was very blessed especially since I held him within half an hour of his birth. He's almost 6 now. Where have the years gone?

OK so that's me done. Now I'm meant to nominate 7 others to do this. So I nominate:


and anyone else that wants to participate. 

Of course you don't have to :))

~yia~

14 comments:

Nicky Strickland said...

I bet you had fun getting a birth certificate! You're the 3rd person I know who has had a similar er, challenge. Must've been something in the water back then *lol*.

I too hoard scrap paper. Between my teaching days, crow tendencies & knowing people with small children. I'm getting better....slowly.

Oh & *phew* spared having to do it *snicker*. Looking forward to what the others say :-)

Rachael Johns said...

Wow - that was probably one of the most interesting lists I've read. Would really love to see your fantasy chess set - even if you don't finish it? Pics please!

Eleni Konstantine said...

LOL Nicky yes there must have been something in the water, I bet.

Oh and I scribble notes all the time. I try so hard not to use the brand spanking new ones for scribbling. I even use the back of the slips they give at the libraries when you hold an item or borrow. Yes, i know but i think what a waste, I can scribble on that. LOL - I'm hopeless.

Oh Nicky - why did I think you had been given this? Hmm... well please consider this an invitation to do the list .... if you would like :))

Eleni Konstantine said...

Rach! oh golly gosh thanks. I'm glad it was interesting. I always think my life is boring.

As for piccies - I should have taken pictures of the finished products when I was doing renos and before packing away but to be honest I couldn't find my camera!! The fantasy chess set is boxed up somewhere in the garage - yep hoarder that's me!!

Mel Teshco said...

Super seven, Eleni!
And I agree, watching a birth is absolutely the most beautiful experience ever =)

Jenn J McLeod - Australia's small town storyteller said...

Your award is well deserved. Your blog is an inspiration. (In fact your blog is so special you have a totally different profile pic of me - What the...? I too love the sound of your chess set.
I shall take your challenge LOL Try and stop me!!!!!

Cathryn Hein said...

Oooh, interesting list, Eleni. Thanks for posting.

Eleni Konstantine said...

Thanks Mel, Jenn, & Cathryn. Glad it had some interest.

And Jenn - aww thank you. Inspiration - littl' ol' me? Shucks. As for the profile pic, goodness knows why it is different here - I must be special ;))

Shayne said...

Hi Eleni
I just came along - a little late -nearly missed it. I wrap presents in recycled paper and keep all used Christmas wrapping to use again. I don't think people mind and sometimes it looks as good as new.

Thank you for asking for my big 7. Dunno if I can match yours. Where do we put them? Maybe on the noticeboard at home!

XXXX

Eleni Konstantine said...

Hey Shayne,

recycled Christmas paper is a-OK when it still looks good.

I think you have plenty to write for the big 7 on your blog & yeah you can even paste on your noticeboard!

Nicky Strickland said...

LOL Eleni. I may well do the list (may help kick my backside into regular blog visits).

I recycle all bar Xmas gift paper.

Eleni Konstantine said...

Cool Nicky. Can't wait to see your list. :)

Mon Wood said...

Ugh. I've been off my blog and almost missed this!

I think your old car was cool. I'd happily drive that beast. Love your conception/birth story and your godson's birth story (his 6th birthday is coming up soon isn't it, like my son's?).

As for the shower story, it makes me laugh. Sorry! I remember when you told me about it. How come your 7 stories aren't your 7 best accidents of all time?!

I'll try and do my 7 at some stage, but I'm on a 'break' of sorts. Thanks for nominating me, EK.

Take care of yourself,

:-) Mon

Eleni Konstantine said...

Mon, hey there!!

Thanks for popping in when you're on a break. You take care & looking forward to you returning (no pressure!) & writing your 7.

Thanks re the Val (Valiant). And yes Master 5 will be Master 6 in a couple of months. LOL re the best 'accidents' post. Maybe one day :))

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...