Saturday 28 November 2009

Best laid plans...

Whenever I make plans, it never goes according to them....
- starting next assignment
- working on goals
- study clean up 
has not happened. Sad face - though have been doing clean up after renovations - lovely stuff like wiping the dust off walls, cupboards etc. Oh fun, oh fun, oh fun. (You got that was sarcastic right?) Problem is that my fibromyalgia is playing up - that means my muscles are aching and my right arm especially feels like it's going to sleep. So hence clean up has to be in spurts, otherwise I'm down for the count.

I did visit my chiro and pilates this week and my chiro did say I would hate him the following day - he was right. My joints ached and so did my muscles. I hadn't been that 'stuck' for awhile. 

I've been lucky to have caught up with some friends and Master 5 this week. Though the poor mite has a cold. 


I did see New Moon and I have to say I really enjoyed it. The director did a good job of keeping it true to the book's feel (well as much as you can when a book is in 1st person). The FX were done well on the whole and I got taken away with the story. I loved the depiction of Bella's depression and the months passing by. Really shows depression and the dark hole a person is in. It was very very effective.
 
I know there are critics of the books and the movies, but really for me I think getting teenage girls to read has to be a good thing. Even if they don't agree with the choice. Stephenie Meyer has made it cool to read for that demographic as JK Rowling did for a younger audience. And that to me is fantastic.



My next reward book will be Breaking Dawn. Yes, behind the times, but it had to wait its turn like every other book does :)) Yes, I've heard bits and pieces about it but mostly I have been trying to block my ears and go 'la la la', so I don't ruin it completely.


I just finished The Stolen Princess by Anne Gracie - absolute gold. Loved it. So have ordered the next two books in the Devil Riders series. I loved the depth of the characters, the humour of Gabe, the seriousness of Callie and her coming out of her shell. 

Oh and I finished watching season 1 of Bones....now to get Season 2 after I watch Season 2 of The Tudors.

OK gotta get back to dusting...there's windows to tackle. My life is SUCH an adventure!!

~yia~

4 comments:

CAM said...

You and I - we suffer in cleaning sisterhood lol I ache horribly as well and I'm sure if my osteo knew I was jamming myself under beds and climbing on lawn chairs he'd pass out cold. I'm trying to get us specky for a rent inspection and so I don't have to think about cleaning until new year...but the tennants before us never cleaned for seven years (it appears)AND (this is hilarious) because this was a home built rammed earth place now 30 years old - if you clean too hard THE WALLS START TO CRUMBLE OFF!!! Ikes!
Goal setting is all well and fine unless it is getting you down....then you need to break them down into little steps so you feel encouraged by achieving small pieces. I'm so jealous of you getting reading time and getting through your "To Read" list!! Ah well I'll keep up with latest reading your blog rather than trying to find time to read a whole book LOL ;)

Eleni Konstantine said...

Ummm...Cam...LOL re the walls crumbling. Is that the universe's way of saying don't work too hard? I think your osteo will definitely keel over -has the inspection come at a nesting phase? Remember look after you.

Agree about the goals. I do tend to overextend. Will definitely have to break things down into manageable tasks.

re the To Read list - it's very very slow going but yes, I am getting through some. Just don't have the stamina I used to have - read through the night is a thing of the past no matter how much I love a book.

Kylie Griffin said...

Hey, Eleni, on this dusty Sunday arvo. Cleaning will have to wait for my until the wind stops blowing dust all over the place and we have our 5th Sunday Rural Fire Service BBQ at my place (poeple tromping in and out and all that).
Just letting you know I've completed your survey and chucked in an idea or two for next time.
Thanks again for a great month of writing-stuff! Hope it runs again next year.

Eleni Konstantine said...

Yes, no point cleaning when there is a dust storm...thank goodness they are few and far between in Adelaide.

Thanks for filling out the survey. Much appreciated.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...