Sunday 28 January 2018

Sunday Musings - 2018


Well other than a flash fiction post, this is my first official post of 2018.

courtesy of Pixabay


2018! I tend to do a double take when I see it. Surely I'm dreaming and I'm still back in another year with 2018 way into the future?

2018 has gotten off to a productive start for me all round. Part of it is in my design persona, HelzKat Designs, who has started to make some pre-made covers. It's been a joy to work on and I'm flexing my skills and of course trying to learn new ones.

On the writing front, 2018 is going to be a big year -
  • I'm in the middle of final read through of 'The Book That Will Finally Be Submitted' (formerly known as 'The book that will not end').
  • I'll be doing Fiona McIntosh's MasterClass in April and so I'm prepping my work for that. It's on a story that has been in my head for a long long long time, and it needs to see the light of day. What better way than with this class?
  • I'm doing a few OWLs via the Romance Writers of Australia 
    • currently Author Branding with Nikki Logan. Why would I need that? Well I thought it was time to rethink what my brand is. More on this when I've nutted it out. 
    • Hide & Seek with Frank Ahearn - this one is about surveillance etc, and it's definitely a topic that would be useful for my DreamTamer manuscript. 
    • Getting into Libraries - firstly because 1) libraries! and 2) there's no national system in Australia and so it'll be useful info to have. I almost didn't sign up because I'm so busy but 1) I don't know if this OWL will be offered again, and 2) libraries!
  • Writing Mojo with Juliet Madison in February - I'm hoping this will help re-ignite the mojo and  have steps to keep it going if I'm having bad moments with health.
  • Self Publishing
    • I've decided to self publish some previously published short stories into an anthology.  
    • SNOOP and Gateway to Hell will get another lease of life, but before I get to them, I want to write more in each series.
  • I've got a one-one-one online session with Michael Hague I want to take advantage of. Hearing him speak at the 2016 RWAus conference in Adelaide was a highlight and I had so many 'aha' moments that I know any time with him will be productive and help me on the path with a project.
  • Going to local writing meetings again.
  • Updating the DarkSide DownUnder website. I'm taking this slow and easy but it's great to see so many wonderful books out there by this talented bunch. 



I'm also trying to clear out the office. Very slow process as it tires me and I'm first concentrating on the writing now and then getting to this. I used to try and do it the other way around - you know a clear desk will help with the mind - but it didn't work. I'm all for reviewing procedures that don't work. 

Yia!
~Eleni x



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...