Wednesday 30 October 2013

Writerly Wednesday


Wow, I can't believe it's already Wednesday. I'm madly rushing to try and finish an assignment and needed a five minute break.

This past weekend I went to see The Body in The Garden: South Australian Crime and Garden Writers' Festival. It really was a unique idea of mixing the two genres and there was a mixture of people who enjoy both. I leaned more on the side of the crime stream and found new-to-me authors to start reading.

Yep, my book budget was blown out. I'm looking forward to reading books by Ann Cleeves, Swiss author Hakan Nesser, Gabrielle Lord, Poppy Gee, Barry Maitland, Tony Cavanaugh, and Michael Robotham.

Phew... my TBR bookcases and boxes (yep, that's right I have more than shelves) are groaning.

The setting was in the Adelaide Botanic Garden and what a gorgeous setting. Very inspiring. I caught up with fellow SARA, and DarkSider Lilliana Rose on the Saturday. Always good to catch up with fellow writers.

I was glad I took the time out to do this but I'm behind with everything else. Ah, well it helped fill the well.


Further news on SNOOP - I have just received my second round edits and so need to get that done in the next few days. I may enjoy doing my graphic design course but it is making me tired and crowding in on other aspects of my life. I have to rethink the direction I'm going to take with it even if it's to take off a semester. We'll see.

Back to the grindstone.

~yia~





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...