Thursday, 7 February 2013

Love Is In The Air Blog Hop





Well I'm not going to talk exactly about Valentine's Day but more why do I put romance in my stories?

Not all of my stories have romance, but most of them do. I've never intentionally put a romance in the story - it just turns out that way.

Romance is an element that is such a big part of our lives and influences people in many ways. It is part of our story as a human being. And since I write about human beings (mostly!), you can't avoid the subject of love - or at the very least, lust.


Take my paranormal romance novella, Gateway to Hell. It didn't begin as a romance. Most of my stories DO begin with a paranormal / supernatural / fantasy element. In this case, I had this woman who could open a Gateway to Hell. Initially GTH started as a short story about us, the reader, not knowing if this woman indeed could do what she claimed, or it was a delusion. But you see I introduced this good-looking Warder guy, and the rest as they say, is history.

The characters told me the story and that story included a big chunk of romance.

Will my other stories in the series have so much romance? I don't know, the characters haven't told me yet, but writing Warder 2, I can already see a romance in the future. So it could be.

To win a copy of Gateway to Hell, leave a comment below on why you or don't like like romance in stories.

And make sure to join in the blog hop and visit the other blogs.

You can find the list on the Under the Covers Book Blog. (For some reason Linky is not working)



Have fun doing the Blog Hop!


~yia~



Post a Comment
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...