Friday 28 December 2012

The Next Big Thing.... my turn




It's my turn to do the meme that is going around the blog-o-sphere, thanks to +Nicky Strickland, who roped me in...ummm... asked me to do this.

So thanks, Nicky - I think.

Though I agreed to this awhile ago, with the combination of the silly season and brain fog, I'm only getting to this on the day (what you've been seeing on my blog for the last couple of weeks have been scheduled posts - gotta love that feature - thank you, Blogger!)

So, here I go.....

Technically this is meant to be for a book coming out next but what I have next is a flash fiction, and so I decided to talk about The Novel That Would Not End.



What is the working title of your next book?
Healer's Destiny


Where did the idea come from?
I have a vague memory of a dream about of two male friends meeting up with a third female one. She was a teacher in the dream and had a limp, but the idea changed as I began to write


What genre does your book fall under?
Fantasy 


Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie?
I really haven't thought about that so can't picture who can play the parts. 


Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency? 
At this stage, I'm shopping it to agents, but you never know.
 

How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?
On and off - one year.


What other books would you compare this story to within your genre? 

It's a quest fantasy - so it's a bit of David Eddings, a bit of Jennifer Roberson, a bit Sara Douglass. 



Who or what inspired you to write this book?

Strong women who care about others. They are the neglected heroes. They kick butt but in a different way (though my heroine does kick physical but as well)



What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest?
They say 'frek' a lot :) (thanks BSG for that inspiration - I wanted a swear word and BSG said 'frak' and I thought that's almost it!)


Now, I'm meant to tag others for this. So what I'm doing is an open call to my Wenches, DarkSiders, and SARAs who haven't done this yet. Join in if you dare, ladies..... *grin*

~yia~


2 comments:

Nicky Strickland said...

Hey Eleni,

Hehehehe, thank you for being a victim, er, cheerful conspirator :) I love your stories and hey, you got me committing to my blog too! Everytime I read the novel that would not end I do it in Homer's voice lol.

Look forward to seeing this story out in the wild.

Eleni Konstantine said...

LOL - oh, my hero, Homer :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...