Monday 17 December 2012

Musa Monday: Meggan Connors


This week on Musa Monday is Meggan Connors. Today, Meggan talks about her latest release Wandering Heart (from Soul Mate Publishing).  Welcome, Meggan!

~~~




I've been wracking my brain for topics to talk about tonight. I mean, usually I try to be funny, but I can't come up with much. Last week was not a week for that.

So, instead, I thought I'd interview my hero from Wandering Heart, Cameron Mackay.  Hopefully, you'll find him entertaining!  Cameron is a Southern gentleman, tall and broad, with the wavy red hair of his Scottish forefathers, and a physique shaped from long hours of rough work. He stands when I walk in, and waits for me to sit before he takes his seat across from me. He rests his hat on the table separating us.

MCC: So, Mr. Mackay, tell me a little bit about yourself.

Cameron: Well, ma'am, I'm a Southern boy at heart. I was raised in Shenandoah Valley in Virginia with my brother, Duncan, in the 1850s. Growing up, we were as thick as thieves. We used to play down by the creek where our father trained horses. I always thought we'd be there forever, Duncan and I.

MCC: What happened?

Cameron: Duncan and I had an argument.  I suppose that's a bit of an understatement, actually. When Virginia first seceded from the United States, and it became obvious to all of us that war was coming, Duncan joined with our neighbors and enlisted in the First Virginia Calvary.  He expected me to join him, to protect our land with our neighbors and our friends. Instead, I turned right around and enlisted in the First West Virginia Volunteer Regiment. Union.

I don't regret my actions, but I always regretted the way things ended with my brother.

MCC: Virginia City, Nevada is a long way from the Shenandoah Valley. How'd you wind up here?

Cameron: During the war, my ma lost the farm. Taxes were high, and she couldn't work the horses without either me or my brother around. She sold the farm, and died a short time later. There was nothing for us to go home to. My brother met a woman and got married at the war's end. I came here to the mines. I figured it was my best bet if I wanted to get the farm back. Been here four years now.

MCC: Because this is a romance, our readers will want to hear a little bit about the woman you just met.

Cameron: Romance?

MCC: Don't act like you don't know what it is!

Cameron (Laughs): Of course I know what it is. I just don't believe in it. I don't believe in Father Christmas, magic, or in my own family legends, either.

MCC: Are you going to talk about her?

Cameron: I suppose. What do you want to know?

MCC: How did you meet?

Cameron: Well, I saw her from across the room, at an Independence Day celebration. She introduced herself as Elizabeth, and kept her face hidden behind a mask. Pretty lips, though. I thought I was so clever, making wagers with her.

MCC: What were you playing for?

Cameron (looking away): A kiss. We were playing for a kiss. Well, being honest, I was wagering for a kiss, and she was playing for money. I thought I was going to lose—she was surprisingly accurate, and I'd already lost a nickel—but she made one wrong guess, and I won. If you could call it that.

MCC: Oh?

Cameron: I got my kiss, but she disappeared when a bar brawl broke out. (He shrugs) It is Virginia City. Anyway, I discovered my family ring was missing not long after, and I've been looking for it ever since. I'm pretty certain that woman took it.

MCC: Tell me about the ring.

Cameron: It's been in my family for generations. It's got a Gaelic inscription on the back: A ghraidh, which means love.  The family legend is that the ring will bring luck and love to those who believe. I know, I know, it's silly, but that ring is one of the few ties I have to my family, and I'm not leaving this town without it.

MCC: And you're certain she has it?

Cameron: Yes ma'am. I'm sure.

MCC: Well, then, I wish you luck in your endeavors.

Cameron: Thank you, ma'am. I'm fair certain I'm going to need it.


If you'd to read more about Cameron Mackay, the story of how he met Fiona Keenan is in Wandering Heart, just one of the stories in Highland Sons: The Mackay Saga. Here's the blurb:

Sharing a soul-searing kiss with the most devastatingly handsome man she’s ever met was not part of Fiona Keenan’s plan. Neither was stealing an ancient family heirloom out of his pocket. 
When Cameron Mackay decides to pursue the ring, neither one of them is prepared for what happens between them. For, in a rough and tumble mining town, where everyone is a fortune hunter and a gambler, love might just be the one risk no one is willing to take. 
And here are the links:





~~~
Thanks Meggan and Cameron.
You can find Meggan at her website: megganconnors.wordpress.com



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

A very nice post. Good luck with your release.

Stan
(SS Hampton, Sr., Musa author)

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Stan! And thanks for hosting my, Eleni! (She says, hoping this comment will post!)

Meggan

Anonymous said...

Hi, Meggan, thanks for interviewing Cameron, it's always great to hear from a leading man. :)

I've just signed with SMP, so we'll be stable-mates, so to speak. :)

Anonymous said...

Very cool, Sandy! Yay!
Meggan

Eleni Konstantine said...

Thanks Stan and Sandy for dropping by.

Sandy and Meggan, it's a small world isn't it. Good luck with SMP.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...