Monday, 24 September 2012

Manic Monday: taking stock


It's Monday. How many of you have Monday-itis? I get this too to some extent even if I do work from home. You know, I really don't get a 'day off'. I'm constantly thinking about story-lines or designs. The brain doesn't switch off.

But on Monday, there's the other paperwork and appointment shuffle that gets added to the mix as I usually have a break from these over the weekend.

I'm on school holidays - makes me sound like a kid - and need to catch up on all the work that I missed out on this term. So I'm writing a schedule to deal with all this. A loose schedule because I know things always come up in the mix. It's why those time management books don't really work for me - if I have a bad CFS or fibromyalgia day, I can't keep up with a full schedule. It's why I'm home working and not in an office somewhere.

I'm taking stock of what I need to do, what I would like to do, and those things that I've been putting off for a while, or never seem to get to it.

I am hopeless at keeping to time limits. Though I've been getting good on Facebook with this, but when I get into a project, I seem to let time slide away. So, it's time to put time limits on things and stick to them.

So wish me luck on this Manic Monday as I attempt to put a certain flexible routine into my life. :)


And each week will not be a Manic Monday post. On every second Monday, I'll be hosting a fellow Musa authors on my blog, and you guessed it it will be called Musa Monday. I am SOOOO imaginative. But it does have a certain ring to it, right? *wink*

~yia~




Post a Comment
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...