Wednesday, 25 April 2012

Lest We Forget




Last night, I was at the State Library for my studies, and when I came back onto the street, there was a gathering over at the SA War Memorial. It was an Anzac Day service but there was youth there so I thought it may have been a special service done by the youth of SA. And I was right. I just checked - apparently it was a Youth Vigil. Go the youth!

While I've never made it to an Anzac Day service, I do think of the ANZACS and all the soldiers who have given their lives to make Australia safe. I may have mentioned this before but when I travelled to Italy back in 2000, as part of my tour, we visited a Commonwealth cemetery. It was one of the most humbling and sobering experiences - seeing all those identical graves of young men who had died so far from home to protect their country.


Lest We Forget!


Post a Comment
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...