Tuesday 24 January 2012

Tuesday Tunes: Tina Turner


I mentioned last week that the other side of the spectrum I used to listen to (opposed to Led Zeppelin) was Tina Turner. Here is one of my favourite Tina Turner songs, Nutbush City Limits....




Youtube link


Doesn't make you want to stomp your feet?

I also admire that Tina Turner, despite being held back by an abusive husband, rose up and took control of her life. Go, Tina!

Check her out in concert at 70 years of age singing Proud Mary



Youtube link

Amazing! I hope I look as good and dance like that when I'm that age.

~yia~


2 comments:

Mel Teshco said...

I loved Nutbush. Remember when it'd get the whole dancefloor filled with people doing the nutbush city dance? Great stuff =))

Eleni Konstantine said...

Oh, lordy, I still love to do the dance. It's just such fun....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...