Saturday 28 January 2012

Stunning Saturday - Covers

I continue with a look at covers this week. This time the theme is Steampunk. I love the look of steampunk - the clothes, the gadgets. It makes for some amazing artwork.















They all have a similar look, and as usual it's hard to pick, because I do choose covers that I find Stunning to begin with. But I really love The Parasol Protectorate, The Iron Wyrm Affair, and The Extraordinaires. I have no idea what story the German version cover of Gail Carriger book is but I really think it's lovely.

~yia~



6 comments:

Mel Teshco said...

oh you make it hard to choose, but I too like Gail Carriger's German cover, it's lovely

Jenny Schwartz said...

All these covers are gorgeous! I adored the Badlands cover the first time I saw it. All the drama of a movie poster. Graphic designers ... take a bow, Eleni ... are awesome!

M.J. said...

Love Steampunk covers, such fun. I think my fave of these is the Lilith Saintcrow one...hanging out to read that book!

Eleni Konstantine said...

Hi ladies, thanks for popping in and sharing my love of covers.

Emmeline Lock said...

Aren't they fabulous, Eleni. Steampunk covers always hit a chord for me, too. Makes me want to write one. :)

Turns out, Entflammte Nacht is the cover for Book 3, Blameless. I know enough Deutsch to work out it had something to do with night and burning, so I had to go look! The German Carrigers all have a night theme going on:

Soulless - Glühende Dunkelheit (Glowing Night)
Changeless - Brennende Finsternis (Ignited Night)
Blameless - Entflammte Nacht (Burning Night)

The others are still coming.

Title translations are fascinating, too, eh? ;)

Great selection of covers! E xx

Eleni Konstantine said...

Hey Em, thanks for the translation. I do like the Night theme. Obviously the Germans like it too.

And yes, the artwork does make me want to write some steampunk. :) One day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...