Monday 2 January 2012

2012 goals

Yes, it's that time of the year when a look at how I did at achieving lasts year's goals and coming up with new ones.

My goals for 2011 were:


  • Edit – DreamTamer, Gateway to Hell, Clown story, sanctuary sci-fi story (for Aus anthology) - umm, no, yes, no, yes
  • Write – Shadow novella, Lady & the Dragon, short story for MZB’s Sword & Sorcery anthology - yes, no, sort of
  • Read resources on writing I have on my shelf - no
  • Overhall website - changed the banner and font. Still not complete overhaul
  • Enter Little Gems Short Story - yes
  • Enter Little Gems cover contest - yes
  • Submit once stories are polished :) Hoping to sumbit one novel, two novellas and 6 short stories - no, one novella, yes
  • Overhaul my CFS blog - no

What I didn't account for when setting the goals was my start up of a design business, family health, family commitments, and volunteer commitments. 

On to 2012...

This year, I possibly be taking up some study, so I need to keep that in mind as well as being on the conference committee for Diamonds Are Forever, and my new exercise routine. I've been going to the gym two to three times a week, doing some pilates and Tai Chi also. I'd love to keep that up as the more energy I have, the more I can do in other aspects in my life. But I want to make sure I have a couple of days a week which are 'low key' days so I can have some rest. Again, it's a matter of balancing. 

Goals


Writing
  • Write Warder 2 novella
  • Finish first draft of Lady & The Dragon
  • Write 4 short stories

Editing
  • Finish HD editing by March
  • Shadow book 1
  • DreamTamer 
  • Short stories -  including reworking 2 old short stories

Business
  • Submit Warder 2
  • Submit 4 short stories
  • A look at my website
  • obtain ITIN
  • Attend RWAus conference
  • Exchange work with CPs
  • Promo when short story releases occur
  • Continue networking on FB, Twitter, and blogs etc.

Health 
  • Continue with exercise routine - 3 exercise sessions a week
  • Balance - rest when need to

Reading

Study
  • Do a drawing class 
  • Prepare timetable each week to include study (if I'm accepted into the course I've applied for) and make sure everything is up to date. This of course will have smaller goals throughout the year.

Other
  • Conference preparation for Diamonds Are Forever on Gold Coast in August.
  • Attend SARA meetings
  • RWAus duties

Wish me luck!

How about you? Have you set any goals?



8 comments:

Jenny Schwartz said...

Good goals! but you're gonna be buuussssyyyyyy :)

Happy writing!

Vasiliki said...

Wow! I didn't have such clearly defined goals but you have inspired me to set them out in a similar fashion. Then hopefully I can tick them off. This year I think I want to write 3 erotic short stories and submit, polish three archived short stories and enter them in comps or submit. Polish my paranormal novella and submit it and finally start a new one. Go to the RNA conference in July and get a bit fitter. I'd like to take up Tai Chi. I am looking forward to trying to achieve these things. It really helps to write them out- they become more real and hopefully more achievable.
Al the best with yours. :))

Suzanne Brandyn Author said...

Not as extensive as yours. I thought goals were like making a wish. If your tell anyone they don't come true.;)

Hmm, so does this mean I have to write them on my blog:)

Eleni Konstantine said...

Jenny, I know - I'm going to have to remind myself to get some sleep. Oh, wait, the CFS will do that for me. It's going to be a challenging year.

Vasiliki- Oh, wow, I inspired you. That's a big compliment. Good luck with your goals. Let us know how you go with them.

Suzanne - LOL. I never thought about that re goals. I always put them 'out there' to try and make myself accountable. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I'm hoping 2012 is the year that it does. Good luck with your goals, whatever they are (and no, you don't have to do anything you don't want to do.)

Anna Hackett said...

Hi Eleni --
Best of luck with your 2012 goals! You'll be very busy. And good on you for your fitness goals -- that's something I'm planning for 2012 so I can have the energy to keep up with my now mobile son!

I've set myself some writing goals and recently updated my writing business plan. Here's to success for everyone in 2012.

Eleni Konstantine said...

Hi Anna,
Hope you succeed too. I'm sure you will get fit just running after your little one.
:)

Emmeline Lock said...

Hi Eleni,

Great goals. I'm sure you won't need it, but good luck with knocking them all out of the park!

I love goals, having something to aim for, but I don't get too upset if I don't achieve them. We're not Superwoman (Well, I'm not. Are you? Apologies, if yes.), and sometimes stuff just happens and they can't all be ticked off.

That said, I'm keen to get cracking and go over last years, and see to this years. Mine will look a little like yours, only smaller. :)

I might even blog about it.

Happy 2012! Wishing you all that's great! E x

Eleni Konstantine said...

LOL - no, while I'd love to be Superwoman, I'm not. I think setting realistic goals helps in that aspect. And amen to not getting upset when things happen.

Good luck with your goals.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...