Wednesday 2 November 2011

Writing Buddy Wednesday - Amy T. Matthews

Amy T. Matthews is am amazing literary writer and the winner of the 2010 Unpublished Manuscript Premier's Award. Pretty amazing stuff.


Her book was ten years in the making and I think of the saying that what looks like effortless writing took blood, sweat, and tears, and that's certainly the case here. Amy's story flows so well, melds together in such a way to make it seem effortless.

This is Amy's first book that has been published, and I have no doubt there will be more to come, both as Amy, and as her historical romance alter-ego, Tess LeSue. I really can't wait to read those works. Amy read a snippet from one at a conference a couple of years ago, and I swear my mouth just hung open at the fabulous story and use of language.

Mark my words, this girl will go far!

I've known Amy now for a number of years via SARA. She's supportive, willing to give advice, and is a constant wealth of knowledge. She's also helping to keep me in line as she's my 'check-in' partner ~ I check in with her with how I'm going with my work.

Amy's End of the Night Girl was released this year to much acclaim. Here's the blurb.

Molly, a sassy Australian waitress, is haunted by the ghost of a murdered Polish Jew. The two young women's stories, each a compelling page-turner, combine teasingly in one as End of the Night Girl explores shadows cast by the Holocaust across decades, continents and cultures.


And here is the link to my review of the book over on my book blog.


Amy now has a website, and is on Facebook and Twitter.


Do yourself a favour - check out Amy's book, and any future books she'll publish.




~yia~

2 comments:

Anne Oliver said...

Loved End of the Night Girl, Amy. When can we expect the next?
Anne

Eleni Konstantine said...

yeah, when? *wink*

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...