Thursday 17 November 2011

Blogging Tip: Scheduling


It's been a little while since I mentioned any blogging tips.

This time around, I want to talk about the value of Scheduling a blog post. You do know about scheduling right? Hmmm..some of you do, some of you don't in my experience.

Picture this (have you got Ma from the Golden Girls in your head?) - you have a blog post due on the Saturday, but that is when you have a family barbecue and there's not way you will have a spare five minutes to whip up a blog post.

Sound familiar?

Well, why wait until the Saturday to post your blog? You can schedule it to appear at the date and time you want to appear, even if you are composing them weeks earlier. How do you think I do my Stunning Saturday and Super Sunday posts. Usually I do two or three in a hit and schedule them.

It's easy to do...

Write up your blog post.

In the post settings (or options - depending on what blogging software you're using), find schedule post - select the date and time. Remember to be aware of the date as some programs set to US dates and not Australian ones. eg if you want the blog post on 12th November, in the US it's 11-12-2011 while in Australia, it's 12-11-2011.

When you are done, save the blog post and then press publish (or schedule). Your blog post will then go in a queue.

It should then look something like this in Blogger:



See what I mean about scheduling the blogs. It's easy to do, and is a great time management tool.

Did I schedule this blog post?  Yep, you betcha.


Have fun!

~yia~

5 comments:

Shayne said...

Hi Eleni,
I wish I was that organised.

Thanks for the great tips.

Shayne

Eleni Konstantine said...

Thanks, Shayne. It is one thing I can do. Too bad about the rest of my organisation skills :))

test said...

Great tip, pity I'm not organised enough to schedule posts!

Rachael Johns said...

Fabulous tip! And thanks for the time/dates stuff too because I tried to schedule once but mucked it ALL up. Now I just go in and draft it and save but don't publish. That way I can publish QUICKLY when I'm ready!

x
Rach!

Eleni Konstantine said...

Hi Coleen, thanks for dripping in. You know, blogs are things that I manage to keep organised especially when other people are relying on it. I'm the blog mistress of the Dark Side DownUnder and so I schedule and organise posts for that.

Hey Rach!
Yes, I know what you mean about the confusion of the scheduling. It's because I was once wondering where the hell a post was that I realised it. But you get used to it and you do put faith that it will be posted at the correct time. I believe you use Blogger and they have a new interface that has a calendar, so no more thinking about it :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...