Tuesday 27 September 2011

Blogging tips

Today I have another blogging tip for you.

Before Blogging, think on:


The look of your blog....

You don’t have to decide on the look of the blog on the outset as you can  change this. But look at styles of other blogs to see what you like. 

  • Do you like white space? 
  • Do you prefer lots of graphics and colour? 
  • Do you want it simple or more elaborate? 
  • What do YOU like? 
  • What makes it easier for the reader? 

I have changed my blog's look over time, but I have stuck to what I personally like and that is a dark background with coloured writing. I find it easier on my eyes than a white screen all the time. 

You don't have to spend any money to make your blog look professional. You can use the background images and templates found in your blogging platform, or find a template that is free.


and Content
  • Who is your audience? 
  • Do you want more personal blogging (ie about your personal life)? Or do you like the chatty style (but without the personal info)? 
  • Would you bring up controversial topics? 
Knowing this from the beginning may help you in coming up with the content for your blog. I personally like a more informal chatty style, but you may like something more formal. It's your choice.


Remember there is no right or wrong way to blog. 

~yia~

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...