Monday 5 September 2011

Blogging tip

Once in awhile I'm going to post some blogging tips. I've done some workshops on this topic and so I thought I'd share some of information here.

What is a blog?
A blog is a a website with the software that allows you to put entries by date. So it allows  you to have a website without a complicated website.


Before you start blogging think on:

  • Why you want to blog?
  • Who is the audience?
  • What do you want to achieve?

Writers usually have blogs for the following reasons:
  • To connect with readers
  • To create a 'brand'
  • To share journey
  • Publicity

I started blogging for practice, to have an online presence as a writer, to support authors and promote their works, to chronicle my journey, and to have fun. I have found my voice by doing this. So I personally don't think it's too soon to start a blog if you are an author. 

Remember though, you have to at least be comfortable to blog. Is a blog what you need? Could a news update on a website be all you require?

These are just a few of the questions to think on.

Happy blogging!


~yia~



4 comments:

Maggi Andersen said...

Good advice Eleni!

Maggi

Kylie Griffin said...

Hi Eleni,


You hit the nail on the head with this post - the purpose of blogging is all important.


The fact is everyone has difference comfort/interest zones. Blogging is one of many tools in the social media stakes. Running with a blog because everyone else is isn't a good enough reason.

So, defining a purpose is vital.

Shayne said...

Thanks for the tips. I love your new website design. Cheeky and retro.

Eleni Konstantine said...

Thanks everyone. Glad the tip resonated.

Shayne, glad you love the website :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...