I'm really excited that the Claytons conference is coming next week. On Friday the 12th of August, over 50 Claytoneers will be at their keyboards for three days full of workshops, fun and games, guest authors, writing challenges, and chats. Oh, it will be fun, but it's going to be exhausting, I can tell you.
Our program is jam packed and we on the Claytons organising team are quite proud of what we have pulled together. We have a varied range of sub genres and subjects discussed by our presenters. Check this out. We have:
- Editors Sasha Knight (Samhain Publishing) and Meghan Conrad (Ellora's Cave).
- Historical authors Diane Gaston and Michele Diener
- DarkSiders Tracey O'Hara and Erica Hayes
- Erotic romance writer, Sami Lee
- Nocturne Bites author Anna Hackett
- R*BY 2011 finalist, Natalie Anderson
- Yours truly, Darksider Mel Teshco, Anne Whitfield, and Neely Lyon ~ the organising committee.
The full program is on the RWAus blog.
If you are a RWAus member and find yourself sitting at home, it's not too late to join. But get in quick. It's also something to keep in mind if you do find you can't go to the 'face-to-face' conference in future years.
So as you can imagine, it's going to be a busy week or so for me.