Wednesday 27 July 2011

Introducing Writing Buddy Wednesday

On of the things I loved when I had done Eleni-fest almost two years ago, was featuring my writing buddies and their wonderful books.

Being a part of Romance Writers of Australia, I know a wonderful amount of fantastic writers.

So in that tradition, I will start up a new column called Writing Buddy Wednesday where I will feature work by my writing buddies. It's in the middle of the week, away from my weekend posts.


So first cab off the rank, is Mel Teshco, fellow DarkSider and Claytons Team member. Mel writes novellas with a paranormal and erotic twists. In her work you will find hot vampires, gargoyles, and werewolves.



Her latest release is Galactic Burn. It's a deviation as it is her first science fiction erotic romance.

The Blurb:
Humans have been almost wiped out. All the males are gone and only a few hundred females worldwide survived the devastation. The same deadly virus annihilated the female population of a mighty alien nation, and their three kings—Dar, Ezra and Maddox—are looking for one special female, Lillian, to capture and seduce.
Though Lillian survived, she has no memory and struggles with the fact that three alien men have become her lovers. One by one, they take her, make her burn for release and satisfy her every sexual need. She craves their touches, their kisses, their comforting embraces while forming strong emotional bonds with each. Lillian is falling for her sexy aliens and agrees to become their life mate in a special ceremony—her three males will make love to Lillian as all the surviving alien males watch.


But, as the ceremony nears, Lillian begins to remember. The aliens lied and covered up the horrible truth. Their happy, new life together might not be possible after all.

You can read an excerpt, here (for over 18s)

You can also get a free read, Discovering Sofia, from here, but you have to log in.




You can find more information on Mel and her books at her website and her blog.


 









33 comments:

Mel Teshco said...

Thanks so much Eleni,

I feel very privileged and loved! =)) MWAH!

Kylie Griffin said...

A fantastic idea to have Writers Wednesday, Eleni! The more we get our members books out there, the more chances of people seeing them!

I think I read that the more times a person sees a cover the more likely they are to buy the book.

Good strategy! :-)

Eleni Konstantine said...

My pleasure, Mel. Huggles.

Kylie, it's all part of my cunning plan for RWAus to take over the world!!

Jenny Schwartz said...

Aren't those covers gorgeous.

I think RomAus taking over the world is a great plan :)

Eleni Konstantine said...

Hey Jenny, yes Mel has some wonderful covers, doesn't she. I really love Moon Thrall.

Glad you love the plan!

Eleni Konstantine said...

The lovely Mel has offered a copy of one of her ebooks to those who come over and comment (she has blogged about it on her blog).

Thanks, Mel!

Christina Phillips said...

Hey Mel, congrats on your latest release, which I can't wait to read!!

Eleni, this is a great idea and I like the sound of RWAus taking over the world! And was Eleni-fest really almost two years ago, it doesn't seem that long ago!!

Mel Teshco said...

Kylie I agree, seeing a cover at least a few times prompts the memory =)

Mel Teshco said...

Hi Jenny,
I've been blessed with lovely covers =)

Mel Teshco said...

Hey Christina!

I hope you like it, a few readers gave it bad ratings but I loved the story =)

Rachael Johns said...

What a great idea Eleni and what a good choice first up. *waves frantically* at the lovely Mel :)

Nicola E. Sheridan said...

Gotta love Mel's covers. Great post idea Eleni :)

Mel Teshco said...

hi back to the lovely Rach! (whose debut book must be out soon!!??)

Mel Teshco said...

hi Nicola!

Have to say your covers aren't half bad either!! :))

Jess Anastasi said...

LOVE the sound of your new book Mel, and how I just bought a new e-reader, so I'll definitely be getting myself a copy.
And yeah, you have been blessed by the cover fairies. Not one bad one among them!
And Eleni, you are so much more dedicated to your blog than I am. Stuff like this makes it far more entertaining!

Eleni Konstantine said...

Thanks for joining us, Rach!, Nicola and Jess.

Jess, my blog has been a little neglected lately - mainly just art inspiration shots. So a good time to spruce it up a bit.

Eleni Konstantine said...

Hey Christina, you snuck in there! I know I can't believe it's almost two years. While I loved it, it was such a full on month or should say couple of months!

Anonymous said...

Naughty Nooners? (Discovering Sofia) Love it, Mel!
Eleni, you're a legend. What a great idea :)

Eleni Konstantine said...

Hi Juanita, lovely to see you here.

Bec Skrabl said...

Great idea Eleni and congrats on the release Mel! The cover looks super-sexy!

Ju Dimello said...

Hi Mel!!!!! *Waves madly* ;)

I have kept putting of reading Galactic Burn - since I want all the good stuffs for the coming long weekend in Canada ;) Can't wait to dig in, but then patience is the key!! Or so I convince myself each day ;)

Hi Eleni, This is a fab way to get us to meet authors! Will be dropping in on Wednesday's for sure!

Mel Teshco said...

hi Jess!

Thanks, I hope you enjoy the read =)

Oh, and what e-reader did you buy? Some have recommended the Nook over the Kindle! Ah decisions decisions!

Mel Teshco said...

Hi Juanita!

Thanks for dropping in - and yes Eleni is a legend =))

Did you get to read DS?

Mel Teshco said...

Hi Bec!

The cover is rather sexy *G*

Mel Teshco said...

Hi there Ju =))

Hope you have a lovely long weekend!

Eleni Konstantine said...

HI Ju, lovely of you to follow Mel here. And glad you will popping in again. Welcome!

Eleni Konstantine said...

Hey Bec of the fantastic news, thanks for popping in. :)

Suzanne Brandyn Author said...

Hello. :) Is that all Mel. :) lol

Are you guys off to the conference this year?

Eleni Konstantine said...

Alas Suzanne, we're both not going to Melbourne, but we are both on the Claytons organising committee, so we have been busy, busy, busy.

Have fun in Melbourne!

Mel Teshco said...

Hi Suz,

none for me this year, and I'm not even sure about next year yet as I'm organizing an erotic writers retreat =))

Nas said...

Hi Mel,

It was fantastic reading about all your titles!

Thanks for featuring her, Eleni!

Eleni Konstantine said...

Hi Nas, nice to see you here. :)

Mel Teshco said...

Hi Nas,

thanks for dropping by and saying hi! =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...