Wednesday 11 May 2011

Time flies

It's been ages since I last blogged here. I've done some over at the Dark Side DownUnder, and a couple for my book blog, but nothing here.

There's many reasons, with the biggest one being that I have been very tired lately. Yes, CFS always reminds me to slow down when I try and run ahead. Frustrating, sure. Hard to establish routines - you bet. But I try. Just like I know sometimes I just have to take a break. Last week, I had two whole days away from the computer. No emails, no program scheduling for DSDU, no writing, no email loops, no blogs, nothing.  I did some housework and errands, rested, watched tv, and read. And it was really refreshing. I had need that time away. And to be honest, I feel like I should do it more often.

I have just caught up on one of my Google Reader accounts, and I have noticed how much I now skim, rather than read. I just don't have the time. As is the same for commenting. I'd love to comment more on blogs that interest me and of writing buddies, but time and energy do not permit.

I also finished doing Angela James' fantastic 3 week 'Before You Hit Send: Self-Editing' Workshop. Well worth the time and the price. While I didn't use it to it's full potential due to health and family commitments (going through manuscript and posting bits), I did get a hell of a lot out of it. So if you are looking for an editing course, this one is a must.

The next course starts 11th July and goes until 1st August. You can find the details here.

I hope to be more regular again with my blogging.

~yia~

8 comments:

Mel Teshco said...

Hi Eleni,
you are so right about how good it is to have some time out and recuperate. But then we do keep putting our hands up don't we (wink wink)!
The course looks great =)

Eleni Konstantine said...

Oh, yes, there is THAT. :))

CAM said...

I do miss you when you are not here but it is very important to have a break from "work" regularly. Winter is perfect for a bit of hybernation :)

Eleni Konstantine said...

Aw, that is so lovely of you to say so, CAM. Thank you. x

Nicky Strickland said...

Hi Eleni,

I've noticed the same thing regarding google reader & blog catch ups. It's actually confirmed my idea that a more consistent blogging regime rather than how many is the trick to it all. I am more likely to read a post if someone posts once a month/fortnight/as required rather than every day. I don't have time to read every single one individually anymore. Comments can also fall by the wayside for the same reason.

Make sure you keep listening to your body (yeah, yeah, pot, kettle and all *lol*).

Eleni Konstantine said...

LOL, re pot, kettle. Yes, we do have a tendency to keep on going and going and going... Thanks, Nicky.

Suzanne Brandyn Author said...

Hi Eleni
I've just had almost three weeks off and I felt so guilty that I didn't do much writing at all. But now I'm home, I'm getting some done. Hopefully it will be finished before the end of July. Fingers crossed.

But taking time out every now and again, is good for the writing as well, not just the brain and body.

Eleni Konstantine said...

Hi Suzanne,

Isn't it funny that we feel guilty? I mean everyone takes a holiday, or some time out. Good luck with your latest projects. And I agree about time out being good for writing - it gives it a freshness.

Hope you had a lovely three weeks.

:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...