Wednesday 9 March 2011

February Movies....

It's been awhile since I've talked about movies on the blog, so here are my February films.



The World's Fastest Indian

I rewatched this film starring Anthony Hopkins. It's one of those films if you catch on TV, you can't help but watch. It's based on a true story of Burt Munro who at 68 travelled from New Zealand to the US with his Indian motorcycle to race at Bonneville Salt Lakes for Speed Week...and the rest as they say is history.


And what a character Burt was. I loved watching his journey to Bonneville and how everyone fell in love with him.




The King's Speech

Loved this movie and since I watched it has gone on to win the Best Picture and the Best Male Actor in a Leading Role at the Oscars.

Colin Firth is absolutely fantastic in his role and I really felt for 'Bernie', a man who ended being the King (King George VI) of the British Empire when he was the second son, who had been picked on because of his stutter. I also loved the interplay between him and Lionel (Geoffrey Rush's character), and of course him and his wife, Elizabeth (Helena Bonham Carter), and how he was with his children. 

Stunning work all round. And my mum enjoyed it too!





Salt

Angelina Jolie stars as a CIA agent Evelyn Salt, who is accused of being a Russian spy. It is one of those action movies that as it unfolds, you constantly think who is double crossing whom, who is one what side.  Fast paced and good action. Certainly a different pace from the other two films.

4 comments:

Mel Teshco said...

I loved TWFI seen it three times now (very unusual for me) just think Hopkins played that part to perfection, and being based on a true story, over such incredible odds, such an inspiration =)

Seen Salt and really enjoyed it, it really put Knight and Day to shame that's for sure.

Haven't seen TKS yet, but looking forward to it.

Eleni Konstantine said...

I haven't seen Knight and Day but from the ads looks like it has a romance element to it.

I agree re Anthony Hopkins. The man is a legend. :)

Thanks for dropping by.

Christina Phillips said...

We got Salt on DVD for Christmas and I didn't think it was the kind of thing I'd enjoy - until it started. Ended up loving it!

Can't wait to watch The King's Speech. Love Colin Firth :-)

Eleni Konstantine said...

Christina, I love it when a movie pleasantly surprises you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...