Tuesday 8 February 2011

What's up?

So what have I been doing?

I've entered both the Little Gems short story competition and the Little Gems Cover contest.

I can't remember if I've mentioned that the first draft of the Shadow novella is done - so that's another goal. Three in all reached.

So yay! Things are on track.

I'll be doing a BIAM with the DarkSiders and Bootcampers coming up this month. Not sure what the goal will be for that yet but it will be to write down words and more words. Thinking what the next project will be.


In other news, I heard back regarding my full request and it's a no go. Lovely rejection letter which always helps the writer's fragile ego. So while it wasn't the response I wanted, it was my first full request and that is another milestone. So onward....


Reading - I have posted a review of my January reads over at my reading blog.

Health - I have found out I am iron deficient so that is another reason (other than the CFS) why I'm really exhausted lately. And I've my fibromyalgia is playing up. That's muscle aches and pains.


And I was excited to find these in my mailbox!!!

  


Oh how I love The Book Depository.

Ok, that's it for me for now.

~yia~

7 comments:

Mel Teshco said...

Good luck with Little Gems Eleni, and everything else writing-wise! And even more importantly, hope you feel healthy!
ANd oh - I'm reading Death's Sweet Embrace, but yet to order Captive! Seems like my toppling TBR pile is growing not diminishing!! LOL

Jenny Schwartz said...

Congrats on entering Little Gems and finishing the first draft of your novella. I wish I had such good things to report on the writing front. Not so good about the rejection, but finding a good fit with a publisher is important, so hopefully the next one you try...

Bummer to the iron deficiency and general aches. Sometimes I think summer and all that hot weather brings out the worst in our bodies -- but then, in the depths of winter, I blame the cold! Hopefully it all gets better for you soon.

As for the Book Depository, I couldn't have said it better, "Oh how I love the Book Depository."

Eleni Konstantine said...

Thanks for the well wishes and the support Mel and Jenny.

Mel - I haven't started reading DSE yet. It's staring at me, glaring really, for me to read it. Right. Now. LOL

Jenny - yes, the weather can play a part I think. If it could only be 'just right' weather all the time :) And yay another fan of the Book Depository.

Shayne said...

Hi Eleni,
Sorry to hear about the rejection letter. I guess if you look at the bright side, at least you got the request!

Stay healthy.

Eleni Konstantine said...

Thanks Shayne!! Yes, that bright is good to look at :)

Vanessa Barneveld said...

Hi, Eleni! I'm so sorry about the R and the health problems. They're tough things to deal with all at once.

Good luck with the Little Gems contests! The cover that won you last year's contest was stunning. Can't wait to see what you came up with this time.

Eleni Konstantine said...

Hey Vanessa, thanks for your commiserations and with your well wishes. I'm glad you liked last year's cover...I had fun with this year's entry as well.

Only time will tell :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...