Monday 14 February 2011

Today is....

Well you know what today is right?

That's right, it's my 3rd year blogiversary!!!!

What? That isn't what you were going to say?

Oh, yeah it's that Valentine's Day thingy. Well Happy Valentines.

Now on to more the important matter at hand.

Eleni's Taverna is THREE today!!!!!



Can you believe it? I look back and think where has the time gone, and at the same time, I think 'wow only 3 years, it feels like I've been blogging forever'!

Time is a funny thing like that.

You, my readers, have gone through my ups and downs, through my constant blogging and not so constant blogging, and are supportive of this writing journey I'm on.

So to celebrate and say thank you for your support, I will be giving one lucky commenter a copy of Shapechanger's Song: The Chronicles of the Cheysuli Omnibus Volume One by Jennifer Roberson!!!! This includes books 1 & 2 of The Chronicles of the Cheysuli!!

Why this book?

Well it was the series that made me seriously think about writing quest fantasy. It's been a long time since I've read it, but during my university years it helped kick start my creative brain again. I read the first one (borrowed from my beloved local library service), loved it and special ordered the whole series - which was a fair chunk of my budget at the time.

I loved the introduction to another world, the characters, the fact they could shape change, and that it was a saga - spanning generations. Since the omnibus is still available, I decided to pay homage to Ms Jennifer Roberson and offer it as a prize.

Here are the blurbs:

Book 1: Shape Changes
This is the first novel in a superb fantasy series about a race of warriors gifted with the ability to assume animal shapes at will. Once treasured allies to the King of Homana, they are now exiles. And Alix, daughter of an ill-fated union between Homana princess and Cheysuli warrior, must answer the call of magic in her blood, fulfilling an ancient prophecy.

Book 2: The Song of Homana
For five long years, the land of Homana had been struggling in the grasp of a usurper king-- its magical race, the Cheysuli, forced to flee or face extermination at the hands of their evil counterparts, the sorcerous Ihlini. Now it is time for Prince Carillon, Homana's rightful ruler, to claim his birthright. To do this, he would not only have to raise an army but answer the call of a prophecy he never chose to serve!

Original covers

 




So just leave comment below to be in the running!!

It is open WORLDWIDE - well, the only restriction being where the Book Depository delivers. Check here if you are unsure.

Comments are open until end 20th February!


So celebrate with me!!!



  ~yia~

17 comments:

Cathryn Hein said...

Happy 3rd blogoversary birthday, Eleni!!!

May there be many more fabulous years.

Any huge congratulations on Dragon's Quest being accepted onto the Antipodean SF site. Yay!

Shayne said...

You are so clever. Did you make up 'blogoversary'?

Congratulations for running a lovely, entertaining and informative blog.

AJ Blythe said...

WooHoo Eleni. Congrats on your 3 year blogoversary!

You've had lots of good new s on your site, I hope the next 3 years brings loads more.

Kylie Griffin said...

Happy Blog-oversary! Great milestone, Eleni.

Don't put me in the draw for the book, I've the series sitting on my shelf! I just wanted to let you know this is one of my keepers on my fantasy shelves. It was an engrossing read - I loved the main characters.

I must find the time to go back and read the series again. It's been too long!

Anonymous said...

Congratulatin, Eleni! What a fantastic day for an anniversary! Dana

Alison said...

Yia sou Eleni.

Συγχαρητήρια!

Congratulations on your 3rd blogiversary! Does this make you a toddler blogger???

And congrats on Dragon Quest finding a home!

Huggles

Alison

Fiona G said...

Eleni

How quickly has 3 years gone. Here's to another 3 years.

Fiona

Emmeline Lock said...

Big congrats on your third blogiversary, Eleni!

You've done a marvellous job, wishing you many more fun-filled years.

Em x

Eleni Konstantine said...

Thanks Cathryn for your congrats for the today and Dragon's Quest.

Shayne- you are really good to have around for the ego with 'you're so clever'. No I didn't make up the graphic for the blogiversary - I luckily found it. :D And I'm glad you enjoy this blog. Thanks.

Thanks Anita - I try and keep this blog upbeat. Helps me be a little more upbeat even if I'm having a bad day. And yes, let's see where I'll be in 3 years!!

Eleni Konstantine said...

Hey Miss Kylie - I too need to find time to reread them but it's hard enough to read all the wonderful newer or new to me books out there. I'm glad to find another fan of the series!!

Dana - I happened to think about how long I was blogging and look back. I totally forgot I started it on Valentine's. Maybe it was so I wouldn't forget! Thanks for popping in!

Yia sou Alison. Great to see you here and I love that you have the Greek letters and with the tone mark.
Ευχαριστώ
LOL re being a toddler blogger...hmm I wonder re blog years. Feels longer than a normal year but not as long as dog years, so maybe a tween :D

Eleni Konstantine said...

Thanks Fi - It has gone quickly but at the same time, I think '3 years? surely it's more than that'. Weird time loop thing. Let's see where we are in 3 years.

Em - thanks. I'g glad you enjoy the blog and that's fun-filled. Maybe between now and then I can get the energy to do another Eleni-fest!

Christina Phillips said...

Congratulations on your third anniversary, Eleni! You're right about time being a funny thing - it doesn't seem that long ago you started this blog but on the other hand I can't remember when I didn't use to visit you here!

Eleni Konstantine said...

Hey there regular blog commenter, Christina - you know I think we met during 50Ksin30Days but became firm blog pals. Thanks for all your support.

Danielle Lisle said...

WOW! 3 years! That is an amazing thing to keep going for so long. I've only been blogging for a year and like you, it feels like forever! *grin*

It must make you proud to know that so many people love reading your posts over that time.

*lifts her glass* And here's to many more blogoversaries to come! Cheers! :)

Eleni Konstantine said...

Hi Danielle, thanks for stopping by. It does feel good that people actually read and enjoy reading the blog. It's been a good three years of blogging on the whole (there are moments of silence).

Thank you for the cheers and I hope you have fun with your blog.

:)

Kate said...

OMG! Just snuck in...
Happy Blogoversary! It is great stuff, I have a news feed on your blog 'cause you always talk about interesting topics.

Congrats! :) I'll see you next SARA meeting.

Eleni Konstantine said...

Yes just in the knick of time Kate. Thanks for popping in and for your congrats. And awww... thanks for saying I talk about interesting topics and subscribing to my blog.

:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...