Monday 2 August 2010

On the conference track....and where I am today

On the weekend attendees received their conference confirmation, and those that are doing pitches received their pitch times. Quite handy to know ahead of schedule. So you can guess what I have been doing?

No, not even a little guess? Oh come on...

Yes, that's right, I've been working on my pitch. One will be a group pitch and the other an individual one. I've done a  group pitch and while in one way you are nervous to talk in front of others, there was the sense that we were all in it together. But while last time there was about 10 people, this time it is 3.

So to everyone pitching, good luck.

As part of their annual conference, the Romance Writers of America held their awards on Sunday night (well Monday morning for us on this side of the world), and the Golden Heart and RITA winners were announced. Fantastic news is Kylie Griffin won her section of the Golden Heart. Go Kylie!! She is definitely a writer to watch. For the full winner list, please go here. There were other RWAus members including Elizabeth Rolls, Vanessa Barneveld, Kelly Hunter, and Brownyn Parry who finalled, so congratulations to you all.

Speaking of conferences, the Romance Writers of Australia conference is over a week away. I'm heading out on the Wednesday, a couple of days before the conference and I can't wait. During my stay, I will probably schedule some posts and blog using my iPhone when I can.

I will be attending a book signing event that is run in conjunction with the conference, but run by the Australian  Romance Readers Association. Plenty of fantastic authors including many RWAus buddies (Nikki Logan, Trish Morey, Tracey O'hara, Keri Arthur, Rachel Bailey, Anne Gracie, Paula Roe, Elizabeth Rolls, Erica Hayes, Helene Young, Elisabeth Rose, Denise Rossetti, Cathryn Brunet, Anna Cambpell....oh you might as well go see the whole list!!).

The ARRA have posted some author give aways. How cool is that?  For more about the event, check here.


Since I am talking about RWAus....Sandie blogged the monthly bookshelf list of books available from our members. Fantastic going everyone. 


Today I am blogging over at the Romance Writers of Australia blog, again a craft topic, but this time Sprinting. And I'm blogging about Nikki Logan's UK novella release Seven-Day Love Story in New Voices at the Bootcampers blog.  What can I say about Nikki - she's on fire and is a fantastic new voice.

And check out my July reads over at Eleni's Library.

OK, that's if for now. 

~yia~

6 comments:

Monique McDonell said...

I got my pitch info too - same result one solo and one group.

I've not done a group pitch before...just when I thought I knew what to expect...a curve ball. Part of the fun I guess.

Starting to get excited about the conference now.

Nicky Strickland said...

Yikes, I'm tired reading this post! Plus so wonderful for Kylie. Not sure if my pitches are one-one or group. I'm a gumby like that.

Starting to look forward to next five weeks (as long as I don't think of how much energy I'm going to be expending).

Eleni Konstantine said...

Yes, I love this pre conference feeling Monique.

Good luck with the pitches!!!

Eleni Konstantine said...

Nicky, yes Kylie is a champ isn't she.

Re pitches, it should say in your email if they are group one or not.

And don't think of energy limits - just one day at a time!! Otherwise it can get overwhelming.....

And LOL re making you tired reading the post. Yeah it alot of info isn't it. And blogs that happened to be on the same day.

Shayne said...

Eleni,
Good luck with both pitches. I'm not pitching - nothing to show.

I can't wait to meet you at the conference.

Best wishes,

Shayne

Eleni Konstantine said...

Thanks Shayne!!! And yes conference next week - see you then!!! Yes I'm in exclamation mark heaven.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...