Tuesday 13 July 2010

Nomination for LWA

I am very honoured to have been nominated for Romance Writers of Australia's Lynne Wilding Meritorious Service Award!!  (or the LWA for short). Actually it is my non writing name that has been nominated. Still it's me and it's to do with writing, so here I talk about it.

This award is to honour a member's contribution to RWA. It is named after the first president of RWA, Lynne Wilding, whom without her efforts, there would not have been an RWA. From all accounts she was a remarkable woman, whom unfortunately I didn't get to be introduced to, but was lucky enough to hear speak at a past conference.

This nomination has stunned me to be honest. My fellow nominees are wonderful women who all do so much for RWA, and being among them is just so surreal. Big group hug.

But I'd like to thank all those who took the time out to nominate me. I'm very humbled.

~yia~

6 comments:

Rachael Johns said...

HUGE congrats Eleni! So well deserved!

x
Rach!

Eleni Konstantine said...

Aww thanks Rach!!

E x

Suzi said...

Eleni,
Congratulations on the nomination,
So well deserved,
Suzi

Eleni Konstantine said...

Thanks Suzi!

Claire Baxter said...

Congratulations, Eleni!

Enjoy the feeling of being nominated. No matter who wins, you are all wonderful women.

Claire

Eleni Konstantine said...

Thanks Claire. Yes it's not about winning is it and I don't see it as such. I'm very honoured to be part of this list.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...