Sunday 4 April 2010

Happy Easter



Being Greek Orthodox our greeting at Easter is Hristos Anesti (some write it as Christos Anesti). This means 'Christ has risen'. And the reply is 'Alithos Anesti' or 'Alithos o Kyrios', which means 'Indeed he has risen.' 'Indeed the Lord has risen'.

The other greeting is Kalo Pascha which is Happy Easter!

So I wish all those who celebrate Easter, I hope you had a great one.

Those who do not believe in Easter, I hope you had a lovely day. 

I had a nice day - always great catching up with family. I just need to catch up with Master 5 though. 

Hristos Anesti!

~yia


5 comments:

Shayne said...

Hi Eleni
Your new blog is sensational. Your owl is gorgeous - what cute, chubby claws!

Thanks for dropping in to my blog, I always appreciate it.

Of course, you would know all about the Greek Orthodox Easter!

Next year, my youngest daughter and I plan to join the procession in our street. It's so peaceful. I love it. I'm not a religious person, but I believe in the healing powers of tradition and ritual. It brings meaning and purpose into one's life.

I hear you finished your course. Congrats.

Shayne

Eleni Konstantine said...

Hey Shayne,

Glad you like the owl - & yes, I thought the same re the claws.

Not a problem dropping by. I do read blogs, just don't comment as I once did. I'm trying to be good with my writing time :)) So I'm always cheering you on with your writing and swimming exploits :)

There is something nice about the procession. And if it brings you peace, wonderful. Just watch out for those candles!!!

Thanks for the congrats re the course. I'm so happy it's done.

Cathryn Hein said...

Hope you had a gorgeous Easter, Eleni. Did you indulge in lots of those Greek sweets you tweeted about? I'm very jealous. I bet they were delicious.

Eleni Konstantine said...

Hey Cathryn - I did indulge in sweets but not those particular ones on the day. Mum makes a few and plates them out to family - it's abit of an exchange. :) I better eat some of the ones that are left before they are all gone :)) Good excuse isn't it.

Suzanne Brandyn Author said...

Hi Eleni,

Hope you also had a lovely easter, and didn't binge out on too much chocolate festivities. Oh, okay Mum makes sweets. I'm not sure, but does this mean you out on chocolate. :)

Suz :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...