Tuesday 23 February 2010

Good news...Little Gems Cover contest

Awhile back, I talked about working on a cover design contest.


Well, it's official....I won!! Actually my alter ego won (my non-writing name is Helen Katsinis).


It's the Romance Writers of Australia's Little Gems Cover Contest for 2010, and one of my entries won. I'm stunned but oh-so-thrilled about the news.


You can go to the RWAus blog to see the announcement and the cover


But here's a copy here. Can't wait to see it in print.



Special thanks to the contest judges, Lis & Joan, and congrats to everyone who entered, and those who were also short-listed.

Entering this contest came at a time when my dad had his surgery and I needed something visual to work on, as words just were blurring. I learned so much and I have so much more to learn, being the novice that I am. 

What do you think?

So good luck to all those who have entered short stories for the Little Gems. Can't wait to type in the names in there :))

~yia~



13 comments:

Cathryn Hein said...

It's such a stunning cover, Eleni. So beautiful! No wonder you won.

Many, many congratulations.

Trish Morey said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous cover, Eleni! Congratulations on your very well deserved win!

Suzanne Brandyn Author said...

Hi Eleni

It is a deserving cover no doubt about that. It is so captivating.

Suzanne :)

Shayne said...

Hi Eleni,
It's so beautiful. How do you get that shimmering golden effect? You must be so good with computer design. And is the model someone you know? She's gorgeous - and mysterious.

I find this cover design thingy fascinating because I'm so bad at it. There's not one artistic bone in this old bod.

I think Suzanne's description is apt: captivating.

Shayne XXX

Emmeline Lock said...

It's so pretty, Eleni! Congratulations on your win...

Em x

Eleni Konstantine said...

Thank you everyone. I am so pleased you all like it.

Shayne, I'm completely new to design. I purchased stock photos & used Photoshop Elements to place it all together, add layers & add fonts.

while working on this, I realise how much book cover designers rely on stock images. Of course the bigger companies have their own artists who can do cover shoots etc, but it has been a fascinating experience.

I would love to do further work using digital imagery.

AJ Blythe said...

Well Eleni, your new to this?! Wow, that just makes it more amazing. Congrats, m'dear, on creating such a gorgeous, elegant cover.

Christina Phillips said...

I love this cover Eleni, it's so very elegant. Definitely frame-worthy! And I'm stunned to learn you're new to design, I thought for sure you must have been doing it for ages!

Eleni Konstantine said...

Thanks Anita & Christina. And shucks :)

Gail Fuller said...

Congratulations, Eleni! It's a stunning cover! WTG! :)

Eleni Konstantine said...

Hey Gail, nice to see you here. Thanks for the congrats :)

Jenn J McLeod - Australia's small town storyteller said...

I soooooo wanted to be in between those covers AND GUESS WHAT - I AM . You must have inspired me.

Eleni Konstantine said...

Aw Jenn, that's so sweet. Congrats on being in the covers. Can't wait to type your name onto the cover!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...