Thursday 20 August 2009

Back from conference


Well the RWAus 2009 conference was a blast. Fantastic to catch up with so many people I know from online, including the Bootcampers. It was non- stop since the moment I met up with them at the airport to when I got home.

So many highlights:
  • meeting online buddies
  • attending Cocktail party & Awards dinner
  • getting requests for partials (yeeha!)
  • SARA member Trish Morey winning the Short - Sexy R*BY award & the Honourary Lifetime Membership award.... yay Trish
  • SARA member Tess LeSue for winning the STALI and the Anna Campbell Award (yay)
  • Fantastic workshop by Anne Gracie & Mary Jo Putney - nuggets of great info
  • All workshops and panels attended:
  1. Bronwyn Parry and Bernedette Foley with publisher/author relationship;
  2. Worldbuilding with Rowena Cory Daniells;
  3. Blogs & Blogging;
  4. Spotlight on The Knight Agency,
  5. Trish Morey's Great Beginnings, Big Bang Endings & High Stakes in Between;
  6. Paranormal chat
I had to miss a couple of sessions due to my pitches, but between nerves and then joy at requested material, I think that is a-okay to do (*wink*). So it will be busy here for abit. The short, snappy posts may have to continue. I shall see.

Here's a snapshot taken by Monique Wood (thanks Mon) of us at the Arabian Nights Cocktail Party. More photos to follow in time....



Yia...

6 comments:

Mel Teshco said...

Nice piccie Eleni!
ANd wasn't the conference fantastic!

Eleni Konstantine said...

Thanks Mel. It's all Mon's photography. Whenever I do these shots, my double chin shows up more ;))
Conference atmosphere was wonderful. It was lovely to meet you in person.

freya said...

Sounds like you had an absolute blast! I didn't get there this year, but I'm living it vicariously through everyone's blogs...

Eleni Konstantine said...

It was a blast Freya. And I'm the one usually not going (last one was in 2003) so I understand about living it vicariously. Did you do Clayton's? - I always found them great.

Mon Wood said...

EK, you look great in this pic. I'm the one with the double chin. Lol.

It was a great conference, and I'm so glad to have met you along with the other bootcampers, and the e-list group, and the Fri chat people, and the others I've met online *takes breath*. I'm only just recovering now.

Eleni Konstantine said...

Oh Mon, no-one could accuse you of having a double chin. I so understand about trying to catch up with everyone you know in cyberspace. It was great meeting up with so many, but regret I didn't meet them all.

Happy recovery!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...