Thursday 16 July 2009

What a week - & it's not over yet


I have had one of those weeks where you have hardly time to think, let alone write. Study, writer's meeting, spending time with Master 5 & family have all taken time.

Today, I went with Master 5, Mister almost-1 and their Mama to the South Australian Museum. The attention span of a 5 year old is different, as what it is they are interested in. Bones yes, stuffed animals yes, sea creatures yes, sparkly minerals yes, but anything cultural, not really. I'm really pleased that he was interested as much as he was. They have some online galleries here.

After lunch, we went down the Mall (aka Rundle Mall). As a kid they never had all the stalls for the school holidays. The Clowns, Castles & Carousels school program - there was probably more, but we saw a face painter, a colouring in competition, boat carousel - all for free. Very good idea to keep the kids entertained. We stopped and listen to teenagers busking (another great thing I love about Rundle Mall, the buskers), and Master 5 was intrigued by them singing and playing instruments. He stopped for about 2 songs worth - woohoo!


It was a lovely day. Abit fresh but sunny. Luckily this was the day we chose as it has been raining in Adelaide this past week.

So pretty busy week - but I still want to do some more study, and do some editing. The conference is 4 weeks away, so I need to finish off my final edits, as well as ready my pitch. Gulp!!

But I think I'm due for a nap....
Yia!



6 comments:

Becca said...

Sounds great!
It WAS a nice day today at last. My mil took Princess Nearly-Four into Rndle Mall and she rode for free on teacups and saw a fairy castle... ah the joys.
Good luck for the rest of the week!

Shelley Munro said...

It sounds like you had a great day. My attention span is very short at museums. I'm convinced it's because I had to stay way past my time when I was a kid!

Eleni Konstantine said...

It was a great day, thanks Shelley. LOL - well I'm glad we tailored the visit to our audience rather than linger on and spoil museums for Master 5 in the future.

I think what they used to do in school was make the most of the time allowed and tried to cram it all into one trip. Don't know if they still that now though.

Eleni Konstantine said...

Thanks Becca and how lovely for Princess Nearly Four to spend time with grandma. I noticed that there were girls dressed up as Princesses yesterday for an event. And yep saw the castle too - though Master 5 would have prefered a jumping one!

CAM said...

What a lovely ambling day! A little pair of legs and random attention span is often just what a busy person needs to guide them. Good luck with your pitch!

Eleni Konstantine said...

It was wonderful CAM to see things through Master 5's eyes.

And thanks for the good luck.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...