Saturday 20 June 2009

Eeek! and Jericho

I've had a really bad week with writing this week. Other things taking priority but the return of my shoulder/arm pain. So I'm doing short bursts at the computer. 


I've just finished watching Season 2 of Jericho. What I really hate about living out of the US is that we really don't get a say in how a TV show will do rating wise. Apparently, this was axed after Season One but because of a fantastic run of fan support sending nuts to CBS  in protest (yep, that's right, nuts - it's a reference to the final episode of season one).  Alas apparently the ratings didn't pick up and the show was officially cancelled. I watched both endings they had on the DVD. And am saddened there will not be a season 3. It would have been a kick arse season.

Actually thinking on the TV situation, the odd times certain shows get on TV, you wonder how they would ever get ratings. It's a real bummer when you get into a TV show, only to have it ripped out from you. And now with more and more people watching shows over the internet, you have to wonder if the networks have their ratings systems keeping up with technology.

~Yia

5 comments:

CAM said...

I guess at least you are keeping up with pop culture....the shows I love are the old ones....and in some cases (the ones filmed in the 60s especially) they threw out the film so there are huge gaps....very sad and frustrating! You'll just have to write an Aussie version of Jericho!

Eleni Konstantine said...

Yes, how sad about the older TV series and films, that have eroded or have gaps because of missing reels. Aussie version of Jericho eh? Not a bad idea :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Elent,

The Jericho story will continue! A Jericho graphic novel will be out in October and a Jericho movie is in development.

Gwen
http://www.jericho-kansas.com

Eleni Konstantine said...

Thanks Gwen for letting me know. It will be fantastic to see a movie being made - the actors are all just so fantastic. I'll keep an eye out on your site. E :)

Christina Phillips said...

I've lost count of the number of different series I've given up watching because the networks jerk around with the time schedules. I gave up on *gasp* BSG for that very reason!!! Thankfully I later got the whole lot on DVD!!! Only another month before Series 4.5 is out!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...