Sunday 29 March 2009

Not a morning person....


Yes, I love these dog pictures. They are so cute. And this so embodies me  in the mornings. 

Well it can embody me at other times too. You see I don't write too much about my personal life here. It's meant to be a fun blog and it's about my writing. Still, I can share this - I have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome - my goodness, that was easier to write than I thought. Those who are nearest and dearest know about this already.  

I've had it for years but was really affected by it three years ago and had to stop working. That was a real tough. Hence, my flash visits in cyberspace. Hence why you will find me at the computer at all odd hours as I do things in my time and with how I'm feeling for that particular day.

Now I can 'own it'. It's part of my life but it's not the only part of my life. Writing has really helped me a great deal. I work hard at it - just not in the same way as everyone else does or can. My routines suits me and I keep plugging away at it. And blogging has helped me too, believe it or not. It has helped me focus on my writing career. And that is what I am proud to call myself - a writer. I no longer think of myself as a librarian. I'm still qualified yes, but since I have been out of that environment for 3 years, it's time to say what I am - a WRITER - and damn happy to be  one.

So if my posts are not regular, you now know why. Thank goodness for the  internet - it has been my lifeline to connect with other writers (as well as the usual keeping in contact with family and friends).

Yia


12 comments:

Rachael Johns said...

So glad you came out about your CFS Eleni! Must be really, really tough but so great that you've found something fabulous to do with your time!!

I don't consider myself a teacher anymore either btw!!!

Rach!

Eleni Konstantine said...

Thanks Rach! Writing is a blessing. I'm lucky I can do this at different times during the day.

LOL - re not being considering yourself a teacher anymore.

Nikki Logan said...

Eleni - what a gift to have found a vocation that not only allows you to heal but HELPS you to heal, too. And on top of that you just love it!

People pay big bucks for that kind of opportunity, my friend.

You just crawl around at whatever time of day or night works for you. CFS or no CFS, when you find your groove as a writer you don't mess with it! :)

Just ask anyone who hauls their butt out of bed at 4am because their mind works best at that time...

xxx
*Nikki*

Eleni Konstantine said...

Yes Nikki, there are those 'poor' folk who get out of bed at 4am to write. But as you said, what works for them ;)) Thanks for the support. And yep, I love this writing gig.

CAM said...

I think it was Mark Twain who said "The secret to success is making your vocation your vacation" or something similar. I'm so happy with you/for you to get to this point of realisation.

Anonymous said...

I'm proud of you, regardless of CFS! You're an inspiration to me in many ways E! Dana

Anonymous said...

I have to agree with the wise people who have preceeded me here. Sometimes life can give us lemons but with the right attuide we see that it is actually lemonade and we move on. I'm sure you were a great librian but I forsee a long rewarding writing career taking its place and that gives you creative licence over life. Just keep enjoying the lemonade my friend.
Love Tracey

Eleni Konstantine said...

Thanks Cam. It does truly make you happier when you do what you love. Tiring yes, but happier. :)

Eleni Konstantine said...

Dana thanks sweetie. *i'm* an inspiration.... *you* are an inspiration! But nice to know ;))

Eleni Konstantine said...

Oh Tracey, gotta love your foresight and hope that it comes true. And as for lemonade - not a huge fan. Can I make gluten free lemon cake instead? ;)) I promise to share.

Anonymous said...

Hey Helen, it's nice to know you can manage your Cfs now and great you can get to meetings regularly. All the best with your writing.

Sharon

Eleni Konstantine said...

Thanks Sharon. It's a matter of balance, which can be hard, but I know that writing is what I want and love to do. And it's great being able to have come back to the meetings :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...