Wednesday 4 February 2009

Over stuffed...




Reminds me of my study...... hee hee.
No seriously, sometimes this is life. Trying to stuff so much into one day and getting distracted by a myriad of things. In the last week, I've realised how much time I spend on 'other' things - eg reading blogs about writing or by authors, or other blogs that interest me, as well as newsletters etc. I find it interesting but it is a time sucker. 

The reason why I realised it is that I haven't done much of this type of activity this week. I have been editing using my EeePC and haven't been so distracted by other things on the internet. So I think I need to make sure I get work done before I read blogs. Or limit my time. That way I get to what I want to do to move forward - editing & writing!

Maybe having a sore back was a wake up call.

Do you feel like the guy in the picture sometimes?
How do you balance your time?

Yia!

4 comments:

Shelley Munro said...

I have a laptop without an internet connection and work on that. It's the only way to make sure I get work done. I know myself well!

CAM said...

I'm not the best example...I ran out of hours in the day so I got up earlier lol I get up at 4am to fit everything in but it seems to work....plus the quiet hours are the best ones for writing with a little one. When I am able to have a certain amount of time to sit down and write I use it for that, I make a certain time for blog stuff and internet stuff seperately....EXCEPT when I'm editing my own work....I hate it so I use it as a big fat carrot....twenty minutes of editing, ten of internet and so forth lol Pretty sad ey?

Eleni Konstantine said...

Shelley - it's always good to know yourself and how best you work. Looks like it's working for you :)

Eleni Konstantine said...

CAM - wow 4am!!! Well I am more of a night owl, so I'm usually dozing off around that time....
But what works for you. I think like for you, editing is harder, so I do give myself incentives but I have to be more stringent about it. And BTW - not sad at all :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...