Tuesday 20 January 2009

Back to our regular scheduled programming...

Well I'm hopefully back to a normal routine starting today. More editing, writing etc.

We were blessed to be involved in a wonderful family Christening. Greek Orthodox Baptisms are a sight to see if you haven't ever seen one. Actually if you've seen 'My Big Fat Greek Wedding', you get the picture but with babies being immersed in a basin. If you are interested, you can learn more here and here.

It's been hot in Adelaide for the last couple of days, luckily we had beautiful weather on Saturday - there was a jumping castle much to the delight of all the kids. A fantastic idea really because they get bored easily. A few adults, including myself, had a go too (only to reinforce I have never really had any co-ordination!). Then there was a pinball machine, racing car game, and a jukebox. Need a good workout? - dance to Nutbush City Limits by Tina Turner. And  of course there was the glorious food. The sweets were my downfall. I don't have a huge sweet tooth (well other than chocolate) but I couldn't resist the assortment available. I think I needed the sugar rush after the preparations during the week.

So back to routine. I hope you have enjoyed the blogs I had prepared earlier. I like finding interesting things to share. Things that make me laugh especially. We all need laughter in our lives.

Yia!



4 comments:

Mon Wood said...

Sounds like you had fun!

I would LOOOOVE a pinball machine. Reminds me of being a kid. I've also been known to jump on a jumping castle. So much fun.

I think it would be cool to buy a retro juke box. Don't they look great? They should make iPods that look like mini juke boxes! lol.

Eleni Konstantine said...

Yes the pinball machine brought back memories too - my aunt and uncle used to own a fish shop and had a pinball machine. Many an hour was passed having pinball competitions!

Jukebox was modernised with a touch screen. Very easy to use. And the film clips played as well.

Yes it was fun, though I'm still recoverying ;)

Shelley Munro said...

It sounds like you had a great time with good weather to boot. We've had rain here in NZ, but at least it's nice and green.

I think routine is definitely good when it comes to writing!

Eleni Konstantine said...

Shelley we were so lucky with the weather - we were worried it would be in the high 30s. Ended up being around 30, so it was lovely. I've almost forgotten what greenery is like!

Oh and yes, routine is good. I wish my tired brain and body would agree and get back to work again ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...