Sunday, 30 November 2008
Friday, 28 November 2008
- Riley Jensen Guardian series by Keri Arthur (am waiting for the release of the next book)
- Nikki and Michael books by Keri Arthur (rereading books 1-3 as I have just purchased book 4)
- White Magic series by Caitlin Brennan (waiting for release of book 3 in Australia)
- The Dresden Files by Jim Butcher
- Artemis Fowl by Eoin Colfer
- Stephanie Plum novels by Janet Evanovich
- 'Full' series by Janet Evanovich and Charlotte Hughes
- Quincy and Raine series by Lisa Gardner
- Meredith Gentry series by Laurell K Hamilton
- Anita Blake: Vampire Hunter novels by Laurell K Hamilton
- The Changelings by Michele Hauf
- Dark Hunter novels by Sherrilyn Kenyon
- Twilight series by Stephenie Meyer
- Sin City graphic novels by Frank Miller
- The Walker Papers by CE Murphy (awaiting publication of next book)
- Temperance Brennan books by Kathy Reichs
- Harry Potter by JK Rowling (finished them off and will probably reread)
- Black Dagger Brotherhood by JR Ward (awaiting publication of next book)
- Retrievers Novels by Laura Anne Gilman
Wednesday, 26 November 2008
The fantastic Blog and Challenge Queen extraordinaire Sandie Hudson gave me this award. Do I feel honoured? Oh hell yeah. I've known Sandie from the 2007 Claytons conference and via ROMAUS. She is a powerhouse of support and absolutely floors me with the number of projects she has - not to mention the blogs (you can check all her links to her blogs from the above link). Sandie is good people. *grin*
So next step I have to pass on the love...and need to nominate some people for the 'I Love Your Blog' Awards. Here's what you have to do:
After receiving the award, if you’d like to participate, you must:
1) Add the logo of your award to your blog - check.
2) Add a link to the person who awarded it to you - check.
3) Nominate at least 7 other blogs - check.
4) Add links to those blogs on your blog - check
5) Leave a message for your nominees on their blogs - in progress.
1. OK so since I have seen that the Award has been going through the RWA NaNo (50Ks in 30 days) ladies, I feel like lobbing it back to all of them via individual websites but instead what I'm going to do is nominate the 50ks in 30 Day blog. The contributors and participants are people who I follow in my Google Reader - including Sandie Hudson, Rhian Cahill, Dianne Curran (yes the tabletop dancing trio), Kiki Lon, Natalie Hatch, Suzanne Brandyn, Tannia Franklin and more..... This is an entertaining blog and not to mention that they are posting daily even though they have NaNo still on. Go ladies!
2. Denise Rossetti - author of Erotic Fantasy Romance. Denise's posts are full of her wit and love of words. I've known Denise for a some time via cyberspace and it was fantastic to meet her in person at the 2003 RWAus conference. What a gal! She has a newsletter on her website that follows the tale of Rackety Kate. Note: blog is for over 18s....
3. Keri Arthur - New York Times Best selling Dark Urban Fantasy author. I've known Keri since my first RWAus conference in 2002 where I was lucky enough to participate in her first author chat - after the release her Nikki and Michael books via Imajinn. I'm hooked onto her Riley Jensen Guardian series as I tell her frequently, I'm so in love with Quinn (who isn't?!!!). Keri's a star!
4. Trish Morey - fellow South Australian and all round fantastic person is HM&B Presents author. Trish organised the RWAus' Roadshows this year and she is always there with encouragement and her pearls of wisdom. She calls them like she sees them, which I absolutely love. She's a gem and her blog is too.
5. Cam - I've known Cam since the Clayton's conference in 2007. And while Cam is a writer, I love this blog that is about her life and views on life. She has a poetry in her prose which I only can aspire to.
6. Nicola Marsh - HM&B Modern Heat author has posts that are always a joy to read. More often then not there are pictures of inspiring heroes. *grin* Thanks Nicola.
7. Shelley Munro - I've recently started subscribing to this blog and thoroughly enjoy it. I love the variety of posts. Shelley is a multi-published author with Ellora's Cave.
8. Christina Phillips - I know Christina from a paranormal loop we are on. Recently she had her first erotic romance story published by The Wild Rose Press, and she was a guest on the Bootcampers blog earlier this month. She also has a slight obsession with Clive Owen ;)
9. Barbara Hannay - HM&B Sweet romance author who is one of the sweetest people I have ever met (which I first did via cyberspace on ROMAUS and then in person at the 2002 RWAus Conference). Such a giving person, she sends me copies of her Greek translations for my mum. Her books are full of emotional punch - love them and her posts about QLD life.
10. CE Murphy - the only non-Down Under author on my list. The author of The Walker Papers (urban fantasy) published by Luna. Great books. I just love CE's blog. A source of great advice and follows her journey as a published author. Very witty and to the point. Gotta love that. Also she keeps a record of Miles to... ATM it's Dunharrow. Go, go, go!
(it does say at least 7, so I think 10 is a nice round number )
Hope you enjoy checking out these great blogs with me.