Friday 28 November 2008

Book series

Well I sent in my Emerald entry - fingers crossed. And I'm continuing to polish the rest of my manuscript. I have been finding that I need longer breaks from the computer because my head has been aching. But it's all good.


I was just looking over the books I have been reading this year and noticed how many of them are part of a series. I've got quite a few on the go. So I decided to list them. 

  • Riley Jensen Guardian series by Keri Arthur (am waiting for the release of the next book)
  • Nikki and Michael books by Keri Arthur (rereading books 1-3 as I have just purchased book 4)                                                                                                
  • White Magic series by Caitlin Brennan (waiting for release of book 3 in Australia)
  • The Dresden Files by Jim Butcher 
  • Artemis Fowl by Eoin Colfer 
  • Stephanie Plum novels by Janet Evanovich 
  • 'Full' series by Janet Evanovich and Charlotte Hughes
  • Quincy and Raine series by Lisa Gardner
  • Meredith Gentry series by Laurell K Hamilton
  • Anita Blake: Vampire Hunter novels by Laurell K Hamilton
  • The Changelings by Michele Hauf
  • Dark Hunter novels by Sherrilyn Kenyon
  • Twilight series by Stephenie Meyer
  • Sin City graphic novels by Frank Miller
  • The Walker Papers by CE Murphy (awaiting publication of next book)
  • Temperance Brennan books by Kathy Reichs
  • Harry Potter by JK Rowling (finished them off and will probably reread)
  • Black Dagger Brotherhood by JR Ward (awaiting publication of next book)
  • Retrievers Novels by Laura Anne Gilman
There's alot more waiting in the wings too..... 

Yia!

Picture sourced from here 

7 comments:

CAM said...

Our library is eternally cursed to have the second or third book of a series....or perhaps all but one....I'm finding this is particularly the case with the Fantasy books. Strange phenomenon!

Jess Anastasi said...

Good luck with the Emerald!

Eleni Konstantine said...

LOL CAM. Yep I have a couple of series that have a missing. Wit the posted list, most are from the library - alas no funds to support this reading obsession of mine - well not all :) But that happens, you start buying them, and then you see another one and somehow one gets missed.

Jess, thanks for your well wishes. Are you entering? If so, good luck!!

Christina Phillips said...

Eleni, all the best with your Emerald entry! And I hope your head gets better soon.

Have you read the Bartimaeus trilogy by Jonathan Stroud?

Eleni Konstantine said...

Christina thanks for your well wishes on both the Emerald and my head! Think I will need it for both ;)

I haven't read Stroud's trilogy - another added to the list I think. Phew - it's never ending....

But I love reading....

Shelley Munro said...

Good luck with the Emerald!
I tend to read a lot of series as well. I like the feeling of continuity and the way the characters feel like old friends.

Eleni Konstantine said...

Thanks Shelley.

I'm the same Shelley - you really get to know the characters more. Definitely feels like reuniting with old friends (especially when waiting for next books in series).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...