Monday 5 May 2008

50K in 30 Days Challenge

Yes, I'm a glutton for punishment. As mentioned in my previous post, one of my goals is to prepare for a 50K in 30 Day challenge. That's 50,000 words folks. Hmmm... I have not written 50K in a long time and certainly not in a month, but I think I need to devote some time to just WRITING and not editing the story. So this has come up a great time, really. Honestly. Truly

Nuh, I'm just nuts! *grin* That's OK. I'll do what I can. Still have to decide which story I want to work on.

The challenge has been set up by fellow writers who are also member of the Romance Writers of Australia. It's been inspired by NaNoWriMo (which is an international writing challenge in November). But June is our month. So come and visit us at our blog.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you've joined the fun. you're gonna love it. We're all quite insane, and that's on a good day. Sandie's alway locking Miss P in the cupboard and there have been some strange dancers spotted on occasion.... anyway,
welcome to 50ksIn30days and no you don't need you running shoes.

Eleni Konstantine said...

Hi Rachel, thanks for the welcome. Yep it seems like we are all insane, so it will be a fun place to hang out. No running shoes...good. *grin*

Suzanne Brandyn Author said...

lol You just need your finger pads... helps preventing those blisters.

Suz :)

Eleni Konstantine said...

Blisters - ooh yuk Suzanne - and blooming painful too. Gotta make sure to look after the hands like a surgeon does! LOL!

Sussan Marz said...

Great to see you've decided to join us. I'll probably get caught up in the fun and forget to write.

I'm glad there are no running shoes either.

Eleni Konstantine said...

Thanks for the welcome Sussan - and don't worry I'm sure we'll all keep eachother in line....actually does writing in emails count toward the wordcount?!! *grin* Hmmm...thought not!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...