Friday 25 February 2011

De-cluttering....

I'm part of a BIAM  (Book in a Month) from last Sunday. The first 3 days I almost got my weekly total. Then I hit Wednesday. I had a lot of running around to do and then I came home, looked around the study.

Clutter zone.

My name is Eleni and I'm a hoarder...

I didn't make a conscious decision to start de-cluttering in a bigger chunk than my 15 minutes a day. But I did. I got rid of old magazines, keeping a picture here and there, or an article or short story. And it felt great to do that. I believe the clutter has been cluttering my creativity.

Yesterday, it was another errand day as well as my weekly Tai Chi (very new to me). Again it was more sorting paperwork into piles to find things easier.

And today, after a little writing session, I did some more de-cluttering. There's still a long way to go.  But I can SEE carpet. Yes it was that bad. Still in one way it looks worse as I'm arranging and rearranging as space becomes available.

I did wake up this morning with more of a freer feeling because of my progress.  And while it seems like procrastination- in a way it is- I'm keeping my story in the back of my mind. This morning's session for example threw another plot point at me out of the blue. So I've been letting it churn as I have gone about my de-cluttering.

Some of the hoarding is the 'maybe will need one day' but a lot of it is from feeling tired and not having energy at times to deal with it all.  The spoon theory of CFS. I'd rather write, so if I do, I have to 'let go' of other things to concentrate on it. The housework for example including the study's junk piles.  Hence the time and energy factor was why I started with the 15 minutes a day.

With having done such a good total at the beginning of the week with my writing, it has given me the breathing space I needed....

And yes, I am breathing a little freer....

Now to do some more writing.

~yia~

4 comments:

AJ Blythe said...

Eleni, I'm the same. I always write better after I remove the clutter. Problem is, when I'm writing is when the clutter seems to build because I am too busy writing. *Sigh* viscious cycle.

Eleni Konstantine said...

Exactly Anita!!! Writing takes so much energy.

I can write in clutter but it takes more for my brain to tune the clutter out. :)

Fiona G said...

Eleni and Anita

Have you been to my house? It sounds like it. I pile things up and get rid of them once a week, allowing me to write unencumbered for 6 days of the week. I really do hate that seventh day of decluttering.

Fi

Eleni Konstantine said...

That's great Fi. I don't have the discipline of one day a week. Looks like something I should aim for. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...