Tuesday 7 September 2010

And more from the Quotable Bitch

"That woman speaks eighteen languages, and can't say No in any of them."
~Dorothy Parker, writer and poet


"Men say they love independence in a woman, but they don't 
waste a second demolishing it brick by brick."
~Candice Bergen, actress


"A great band like that and they have to play with Ella. 
That bitch!"
~Billie Holiday, singer, on singer Ella Fitzgerald


"Do what you feel in your heart to be right--for you'll be
 criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, 
and damned if you don't."
~Eleanor Roosevelt, first lady of the United States


"The argument between wives and whores is an old one; each thinking that whatever she is, at least she is not the other."
~Andrea Dworkin, female activist


"If you want to say it with flowers, 
a single rose says:  'I'm cheap!'"
~Delta Burke, actress



"I survived because I was tougher than anyone else."
~Bette Davis, actress


"I'm no lady; I'm a member of Congress, 
and I'll proceed on that basis."
~Mary Norton, U.S. Congresswoman


Some yowzas there!

~yia~

2 comments:

Helene Young said...

Fantastic, Eleni! I could have used two of those (with a little adjusting) to great effect this morning :-)

Eleni Konstantine said...

oooh Helene - now I want to know which ones and why!!! ;))

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...