Saturday 17 July 2010

The Quotable Bitch....

Some of you may remember at the beginning of the year, I mentioned having a calendar called The Quotable Bitch. Well here's some quotes for you - make of them what you will (sometimes I wonder about the context).

"Poor George [Bush], he can't help it. He was born with a silver foot in his mouth."
 ~Ann Richards, Governor of Texas

LOL! Priceless!

"I'm the nicest goddamn dame that ever lived."
~Bette Davis, actress

"How wonderful. We are so thrilled that Joan has learned how to read."
~Bette Davis, actress, on actress Joan Crawford

(the claws are out. Negates the nicest dame quote don't you think? ;)))

"I don't mind growing old. If I have to go before my time, this is how I'll go - cigarette in one hand, glass of scotch in the other."
~Ava Gardner, actress


"You shouldn't step on people to get ahead, but you can step over them if they are in the way."
~Star Jones, TV personality

(No helping hand from her!)

"Man's role is uncertain, undefined and perhaps unnecessary."
~ Margaret Mead, anthropologist

(deep.... Is she is talking of Men or of the Human Race?)

and finally from Mae West, actress
"Marriage is a great institution, but I'm not ready for an institution yet." 

~yia~

2 comments:

Shelley Munro said...

Mae West quotes always make me laugh. I wish I'd known her in person.

Eleni Konstantine said...

Yes, she did have a way with words didn't she. Thanks for dropping in Shelley.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...