Tuesday 29 December 2009

Moving one step at a time

It truly feels like that right now - just taking things as they come. Trying to plan around things but also just 'doing' things that need doing. Today was study day - I finished off an assignment - huzzah!! Six more to go.


Warming up in little ol' Adelaide. The air con's on....thank goodness and so I can be at the computer in comfort. 


Study progress - zero but the rest of the house is looking quite OK and can I say once again - I LOVE the pantry. It's amazing how much you appreciate having a good set up. I can FIND things. Oh my! No tearing my hair out wondering where something went because I'd seen it the week before.


I'm trying to finish off a couple of reading challenges I signed up for at the beginning of the year. A-Z Titles and A-Z Authors. Titles are almost done. The Author one I have about 4 to go and I don't know if I'm going to make it. After all there's only two-three days left in the year. But I've done an effort and my main goal was to reduce the amount of books in my TBR pile. I've done that but I've also added more to it!!


My reading has been sporadic lately and varied. I'm not sticking to the same book as my brain wants to jump around in genres and moods. Though one of the books I'm keeping for a relaxing day that I'm chilling out with no interruptions. That's Nikki Logan's 'Lights, Camera...Kiss the Boss'. OK so I've read chapter one - but I really wanted to start it and it's just great straight off the bat.


Currently reading:
Watchmen (graphic novel) by Alan Moore
Heart & Craft by Valerie Parv
Deadly Desire by Keri Arthur
Twelve Sharp by Janet Evanovich
Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer
The Morcai Battalion by Diana Palmer
Lover Avenged by JR Ward
Quest by Shannah Jay
and of course Nikki Logan's debut book 'Lights, Camera...Kiss the Boss'.


Looking at them though, only one (Q) will fill my A-Z Title challenge.
For the Author challenge I still need authors with I, U and Z (X is done but not filled out yet). Hmmm...should go checking my TBR piles for those letters. See what I can drum up and of course can't forget my e-TBR.


But what will be, will be. I'm at 69 'books' read this year. Hopefully I can hit a few more but I'm proud of that. It was more than I read last year by almost twenty I think (50).


Anyhow, happy reading all.


~yia~






5 comments:

CAM said...

Wow that is more than a book a week! Well done you! I'd be interested to see what you find in those letters too...it's like that game you play when you are driving, finding the alphabet in passing ads and signs...there are always letters you get stuck on. I'm currently reading "David Copperfield" of the C.Dickens fellow and it is quite good - but huge and I'm not sure how many more times the librarians will be able to humanely extend my loan period lol I have it on good authority that a book any bigger than this is no good to read during feeding as dropping it on an infant's unknowing head could cause damage - so thin titles for me!

Mel Teshco said...

you're going great guns Eleni, still amazes me how you did Eleni Fest & house reno's and study while coping with CF. Well done!!

Anonymous said...

Eleni,
Well done on finishing an assignment and congratulations on everything you've achieved this year.
Hope the new year brings you great things wriitng wise and good health,
Suzi

Eleni Konstantine said...

LOL - CAM yes, thin books while feeding is advisable. I haven't read Dickens in ages. Maybe somehting to have a look at.

It doesn't look like I'm going to make the challenge - too much stuff in the last month or so has really put me behind. So it's an almost but not quite.

Oh and a 'book' is 50K and above for the Harlequin Challenge. Read a few of my backlog of my Harlequin titles too - so happy about that.

Hopefully next year whatever challenges I undertake I can finish but gave it my best shot and I didn't 'look' particularly so it can fit the challenge. I read what was on my TBR pile and whatever fit, fit.

Eleni Konstantine said...

Aw thanks Mel. It's catching up especially with the family health situation but I need to exercise the brain abit even if it is only a few pages at a time. :))

Thanks Suzi - so glad to have finished assignment 7. It has been a big year for me and I'm happy to have achieved what I have achieved - especially making it to the conference. And right back at you with a great year for writing and health :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...