Saturday 16 May 2009

I love my Mac most days....


Well truly, I love it everyday. It has really streamlined things for me. But the only frustrating thing with Mac is incompatibility or features not being the same as on a PC.

For instance, I wanted to use the webcam to talk to some family. No feature allowed this on MSN Messenger for Mac. I found  a different version and while I can see them, I can't hear them. I also wanted to do something on Microsoft Publisher but there's no Mac version and a 'version' I did find couldn't be opened the receiver on a PC. Urgggh.... frustrating. 

I suppose because this week has been stressful in other ways and so, it was just another thing to piss me off....ummm.... annoy me.

I did overhaul the Bootcamper blog, so that was good for the soul.

And this week, I hope to be a




Listening to: The Jeff Healey Band

~Yia!

4 comments:

Christina Phillips said...

Ack, Eleni, I feel your pain. I hear so many great things about the Mac sometimes I'm tempted to go that way. But I'm so used to my PC. But I hate the viruses. Argh! Hope you find a compatible programme for your webcam!

Shelley Munro said...

I hope the writing is going well. I've also been tempted to go the Mac way. Macs are a lot more expensive than PCs, which has put me off.

Eleni Konstantine said...

Christina - it was the viruses and all that stuff that made me think of a Mac in the first place. And then I went into the store - I spent over an hour with the salesperson and just knew Macs were for me. Just the way everything is together. And there is an option of running windows on it but that comes with the problem of it being vulnerable like a PC. I haven't had a chance to work out the webcam thing yet. Not like I want people to see me in my daggy attire!! ;))

Eleni Konstantine said...

Shelley, yes the iMac was more expensive than it's PC counterpart - luckily I was able to get an interest free 18 month plan - woohoo!! As the salesman said to me - work out what you need and then see what is best suited for you. I'm not a gamer, so there was no reason to stick with a PC.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...