Saturday 4 April 2009

Reward book finally finished!


Some time ago, I decided I was only going to read a chapter of a book that I had been looking forward to reading, after I reached a goal that I set for my writing.

Basically, edit a chapter of my WIP, then reward self by reading one chapter of reward book. 

That reward book was Anna Campbell's Claiming the Courtesan. What a book!! Fantastic read. I enjoyed it - it was a Regency noir - & was very dark indeed. A tale of obsession, lust, violence, freedom, love & redemption. And this was a debut novel. Wow! You can find out more about this book here on Anna's website.

And she's an Aussie too. It's great to see writers you know from writing organisations do well. So well done Anna. 

Now onto the next reward book. Still deciding which book (though I do have a couple more of Anna's in my TBR pile - *g*).

Yia!



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great reward system! I'm going to try it.

Eleni Konstantine said...

Glad to be of some inspiration Diane :)

Authorness said...

I suggest you read Anna's second and third books now, because you've been very, very good, Eleni!

~ Vanessa

Eleni Konstantine said...

I almost did choose Untouched for the second reward book Vanessa. And I can't wait to read Anna's next two books. Hopefully soon.

Anna Campbell said...

Ooh, Eleni, don't I feel special being your reward book? Thank you so much! I'm delighted you enjoyed my blue monster. And I'm glad to hear you've got the next two breathing down your neck saying, "Read me, read me!" You'll just have to do lots of writing, won't you? Bwahahahahahaha!

Eleni Konstantine said...

LOL Anna! Yes your green monster and red monster are calling to me :)))

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...