Sunday 1 February 2009

Stinkin' Hot!!!

Well Adelaide is caught up in a heat wave with low 40 degrees Celsius weather. Thank goodness for air conditioning. Unlike a friend of mine, I am not a lizard, I do not find this weather comfortable. But I'd rather a dry hot day than a humid day, I suppose.

Was having nice walks along the beach but I've had problems with my back this week and beach walking isn't the best for it. Drat!! 

My deep edit/polish of HD is going slow. I had a really tough chapter to edit as there was a lot of information that needed to be revealed in this part of the story and I think I've just got it to flow. Yay me.

And I'm so proud of SciFi TV Australia - they had Battlestar Galactica season 4 marathon today and aired the latest episode (13)  just hours after it was aired in the US. Way to go. I could actually sit and relax. I'm loving this season... it's bittersweet - I want to see the end but I'd love the show to keep going. 

I think that bittersweet feeling is also there when you read a really good book - want to get to the finish but want to savour the story. Don't you think?

Keep cool...
Yia!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Damn you Adelaide! I'm in Cetral Vic and we always get your weather left-overs, so when it's raining in Adelaide we know it's going to rain here. But this heat is rediculous.
Everyone (meaning Melbourne residents because apparently they speak for the whole state) is saying how glad they are that the heat wave is mostly over and it's only going to be in the 30s this week. But not here! It's going to stay up around 40 until next Saturday, and I'm pretty sure my brain will have melted and leaked out of my ears by then!

Shelley Munro said...

I'm so glad it's not that hot here in Auckland. We've had humid, but the temp seldom goes close to 30.

I hope the back gets better soon. sore backs are no fun!

Christina Phillips said...

It was 37 south of Perth today and forecast to get hotter as the week progresses... yay... she says weakly...

But never fear because come Saturday there'll be episode 14 of BSG!!!!

CAM said...

I know that feeling about a book...the one where you know to be as perfect as it is it has to end but you don't want it to....those are the ones I buy and keep on the shelf :D

Eleni Konstantine said...

Jess, I know what you mean. We look to Perth for a rough guide for our weather. LOL about leaky brain. It does feel like the 'I'm melting' scene from the Wizard of Oz :) Blooming 40 degree weather.

Eleni Konstantine said...

Shelley, lucky you not going over 30. I think that's the top range that I want to go. 25-30. Though humidity -- eek! Thanks re your well wishes. It's better though hard to sit at the computer for long. OH&S - remember to stretch!

Eleni Konstantine said...

I know Christina - I can't wait for episode 14! Wishing my life away, but they really have done a fantastic job this season. Stay cool in Perth :)

Eleni Konstantine said...

You have a keeper shelf Cam. Good on you. I tend to hold on to all my books, not only the 'keepers' (ie books I will read again). I need to be more brutal because of space but.... they're books!! ;)

caleb fox said...

A good book should go on forever. Tolkien once said in an interview that he accepted only one criticism made of LORD OF RINGS: "It is too short."

LOL. Well, I'm writing a fantasy SERIES now, and maybe it will go on and on and...

caleb fox

Eleni Konstantine said...

Good luck with writing your fantasy series Caleb. And could you imagine how long the LOTR would have been if Tolkien would have had his way. *g* It was meant to be published as one book but was persuaded to split it into three.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...