Friday 2 January 2009

Year in Review and Forecasting



Everyone has been blogging about the achievements they achieved in 2008 and I felt tired reading all their achievements... a little bit deflated until I thought back to what I did do.

- Started my blog
- continued working on my craft with HD, still polishing but at least it's up to that stage now.
- went to the Roadshow in Adelaide
- wrote a piece about the Roadshow for Hearts Talk
- completed over 50K words for the June 50Ks In 30Days challenge on a new MS.
- participated in a Bootcamper plotting day
- started the Bootcampers blog
- became part of the Hearts Talk editing team as well as the web team
- participated in the Clayton's Conference (though not as much as I wanted to be because of flu)
- I got my Mac!!!!!!
- I launched my website
- I got the 'I LOVE your blog' award twice
- I entered 7 competitions.  2 I don't know the results yet - the others eh-eh. 
- I submitted a short story to an online magazine on the 31st December (one of my goals was to submit something!)
- read more than I had for a couple of years.


So it's not all too bad at all.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So now to think on my targets for 2009.
 
- finish off HD polishing
- submission to agents and publishers
- read Margie Lawson tutorial notes I had obtained - basically keep developing craft
- maintain blog and website
- finish of drafts of two manuscripts - L&D, and DT. If really ambitious, polish.
- notes for BW and start first draft.
- submit short stories to relevant markets - say 4.
- enter relevant competitions - I'll decide as I go along.
- continue with Team Hearts Talk and the Web team.
AND of course, the main goal be to get a contract or two ;)

I hope your year brings you wonderful news and happiness. Good luck with writing, reading, or whatever is the positive aspiration in your life.

Yia!

4 comments:

Christina Phillips said...

Happy New Year, Eleni!

Here's to achieving our goals in 2009!!

Mon Wood said...

See, you achieved a lot last year!

It's funny how you forget the progress you've made. Don't worry about everyone else - we all have different committments, timeframes, circumstances etc.

I'm sure you'll achieve everything this year. I've set my goals too, trying to be realistic, and I'm staying positive.

Here's hoping 2009 will be a bumper year for all of us :-)

Diane said...

It's easy to feel that you haven't achieved much and feel daunted by others' achievements....

....until you start writing down everything and work out exactly how much you did achieve!!!

Congratulations!

And here's to a fabulously creative and successful 2009!

Diane

Eleni Konstantine said...

Thanks ladies - it's been wonderful having your support this year. And yes, it's until you start writing things down, that you realise how much you have achieved. I think it's because I'm still polishing my HD ms that I felt like I was stuck, but I've done other things to help keep me going.

Here's to a fantastic 2009!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...