Sunday 11 January 2009

TBR Challenges




I've complained about my increasing TBR piles. Well I'm hoping with the help of Challenges set on the Harlequin e-community boards, I will be able to dwindle these down.

The TBR challenges are for those books lingering on the TBR pile more than 6 months. Have plenty there!! So have created blog entries for this on my Harlequin profile.

I'm also going to try and to do the monthly challenges. These ones are for current books as well as those on the TBR pile longer than 6 months.
  • January - All About Desire - reading the Silhouette Desire line or finding books that have a desire aspect in them. There will be a summary of this at the end of the month.
  • There's also a test run we are doing where an author's name is chosen and we get points (not sure how that works completely yet) for matching First letters of author and titles to the chosen author's name. 

I can duplicate in these challenges so it will seem that I've read more than having separate books for each challenge.

Anyhow, happy reading.
Yia!

6 comments:

CAM said...

Crikey! That's a lot of challenges....I used to have a link to a blog by a lady who was all about these reading challenges...the amount she read was phenomenal...good luck with the challenges....don't walk into any bike racks whilst reading (my famous trick as I used to read and walk).

Mon Wood said...

You have some fantastic reading challenges here. You've inspired me to start keeping track of my 2009 reading on my blog.

Happy reading to you, too!!!

Shelley Munro said...

These challenges sound like fun. I'm doing some non-Harlequin ones to get my to-read pile under control. I'm reading 50 new authors, 12 first books in a series and four themed reads where the hero/heroine wear a uniform.

That should get my tbr pile down a lot!

Good luck with your challenges.

Eleni Konstantine said...

Thanks for everyone's well wishes.

Cam - it seems like a lot, though some overlap, so it's not as much, but I'm determined to get through the ever growing TBR pile. LOL about walking into a bike rack - I almost walked into a pole once when I was reading walking down a street!!!

Mon - glad I could inspire you.

Shelley - sounds like some great challenges you have lined up. What I love about the Harlequin is that not all the books you read have to be their imprint. Eg first cab of the rank was New Moon by Stephenie Meyer.

Rachael Johns said...

Wow this sounds really interesting and I can't wait to follow your progress :)

Eleni Konstantine said...

Thanks Rach! Nice to have you cheering me on. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...