Wednesday 7 January 2009

Linkity Link


I'll start of with the sad news of the passing of Majel Barrett Roddenberry, wife of Star Trek creator Gene Roddenberry. She played the Nurse in the original series, Lwaxana Troi in The Next Generation, and was the computer's voice too. She also bought other Gene Roddenberry projects to life, such as Earth: Final Conflict and Andromeda. Here's a post about the memorial service. RIP.


Now onto feel good stuff: :)

I loved this entry by Janet Woods.  She has twenty writerly definitions - and they're a hoot.

Suzanne Brandyn celebrates the release of her first book. Congrats Suz!

Of course Monique Wood continues with the Hugh fix pictures. 

Anna Campbell's latest book Tempt The Devil has been released in the US this week and should be out early February in Australia. I'm currently reading Anna's first book, Claiming the Courtesan as my 'reward' book. That is I don't allow myself to read a chapter until I have edited a chapter in my work. So wanting to read this fantastic book has made me work that little bit harder and it's also inspirational.

Anna Jacobs has her latest book out which has an Australian edition, which looks so lovely. See it here

At Smart Bitches, they had a post with a You Tube clip of Smoke on the Water with a Japanese twist. Awesome! I've got it below:




New clip from the Battlestar Galactica prequel, Caprica found on SciFiWire.




5 comments:

Anna Campbell said...

Hey, Eleni, I LIKE your taste in reward books ;-) Good luck with the wip!

Mon Wood said...

I like that reward ideas as well. I think I need a system like that!

Have a great day :-)

Sussan Marz said...

Lwaxana Troi was quite a unique character in Star Trek:TNG. RIP indeed.

Thanks for the BG teaser. Can't wait.

I think your method of reward is my idea of torture! Life is too short to torture yourself and Claiming the Courtesan is a great read. Well as long as you find the method inspirational, then go for it!

Christina Phillips said...

Ooooer, I wonder if I'll find Caprica as intriguing as BG. Just re-watched Razor to gather some more clues *snort* I'm so sad!!!!

Eleni Konstantine said...

Thanks all for stopping by!

Anna, yes I thought you would like my reward option ;)

Monique, good luck with your own rewards system.

Sussan, funny how one's idea of reward is another idea of torture. But now that you mention it is a little. It's rewarding myself for doing something with my own work and to get me going.

Christina - haven't seen Razor yet. Not long to go - it's bittersweet though isn't it. I can't wait for BG but sad that's it's ending.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...